Hi, I'm Cabur Senaar. Ask me anything.

More
6 years 9 months ago #287830 by Breeze el Tierno
Hi! This looked like fun, so I figured I’d take a spin.

This is a free-for-all, I won't take offence, ask any questions thread.

I’m Cabur. I’ve studied here for roughly three years. I’ve been a Knight for nearly two years, training with Alexandre Orion. I am a member of the clergy. I have three apprentices (Mael, Rick, and Leah). I do not currently hold any office at the Temple, having taken a step back to make more time for my son. He’s funny. You’d like him. I’m 40 years old, married for roughly five years, and our boy is three.

I provide therapeutic education for adult survivors of brain injuries. I’ve been at it for going on ten years. I teach basic neurology, life skills, mediation, the basics of emotional intelligence, that sort of thing. The work is jointly brutal and affirming. I’ve watched people open their eyes, breathe independently, or eat food by mouth for the first time in years. I also attend a disproportionate number of funerals. It’s challenging work. It both reinforces and is reinforced by my Jedi practice.

I have a variety of interests, but am only able to pursue a few of them at a time. I’d really like to get a cat again. I think it’s time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Avalon, Cyan Sarden, Leah Starspectre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287833 by
Wow, you've done so much here in just three years! What are your thoughts on how a student can get the most from the IP without spending unnecessary time?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287837 by
ok, I'll be that person.

The cat. boy or girl? Long hair or short hair?

(I will be asking serious questions later, I promise....I just love cats)

:side:

More
6 years 9 months ago #287841 by Rex
Hello Cabur,
You were with Jedi Realist studies for a while, right? What are your thoughts on what makes TOTJO unique as compared to other Jediism (or religion in general)?
Also, what colour is your lightsaber?

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

More
6 years 9 months ago #287846 by Breeze el Tierno

ReallyRiver wrote: Wow, you've done so much here in just three years! What are your thoughts on how a student can get the most from the IP without spending unnecessary time?

I burned through the IP in four months. Others have done it much faster. I don't recommend it. Having reflected on it, I probably should have taken my time. I was very excited, made a workbook, worked on it during lunch breaks.

But that's just it. You need the time you need. It's your clock and no one else's. If you want to complete it quickly, budget your time and energy accordingly. Talk to other people who are working on it. Don't focus on speed. Focus on working steadily. Consistency is more important than intensity.

No rushing.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #287847 by Breeze el Tierno

vladucard wrote: ok, I'll be that person.

The cat. boy or girl? Long hair or short hair?

(I will be asking serious questions later, I promise....I just love cats)

:side:

Capt. Jack Baddins (Jack or Jackins for short) was my guy. Domestic short-hair.

Jack
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Breeze el Tierno.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 9 months ago #287848 by Breeze el Tierno

Rex wrote: Hello Cabur,
You were with Jedi Realist studies for a while, right? What are your thoughts on what makes TOTJO unique as compared to other Jediism (or religion in general)?
Also, what colour is your lightsaber?

I had done a little work at IJRS (good people there) but I wasn't ready to commit until after my first Gathering. I met Ros there. She is our current Pastor. I knew her when, I guess. She was a kind and humble sister, and I wanted to train where she trained. Beyond all the bragging and performance, quiet Ros was getting it done. So, I followed her here.

I don't own a lightsaber beyond the toy plastic ones you buy for $10. I did make a lightsaber talisman as part of my work. The stones are labradorite and sunstone. Not sure what that would make.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287849 by
In terms of your Jedi path...

What have been your biggest challenges?

How have you overcome them?

What is it that keeps you feeling "Jedi" is the correct designation for what you believe (and do)?

More
6 years 9 months ago #287851 by rugadd
How do you handle personal discouragement?

How do you train your body?

In what way would you encourage people to handle problems that stem from another's actions?

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #287855 by
What else do you seek to pursue here at the temple or as a Jedi?
Do you feel there is more to be achieved?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi