Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #292400 by
Replied by on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything
I'm in my head too much: I over think and over analyse nearly everything. Do you have any ideas about how to change that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #292410 by Lykeios Little Raven
First of all, HI KIT! It has been too long!

Second, Darn, I thought I'd be clever and ask "so, what ARE your views on the Force"...then I took another look after reading the whole thread and realized you'd answered the question in a spoiler. Haha.

So, here is my question, is the tree flammable? (No, this isn't a mocking question, I'm serious. Sort of a "can the Force/Tree be killed or cut down or knocked so far out of balance it is destroyed? But also, yes, it's kind of a funny question cuz "is wood flammable?" Is just an amusing inquiry.)

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
6 years 8 months ago #292868 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

ReallyRiver wrote: I'm in my head too much: I over think and over analyse nearly everything. Do you have any ideas about how to change that?

That's really hard for me too, I do this a lot. And it gets to the point where I end up shutting down and can't make a choice at all. I hear it's called analysis paralysis (which makes me giggle). X57 taught me (and I think Zenchi mentioned it too) And I can't for the life of me find either haha. But it's this thing where you make your decision in seven seconds. Which is kind of terrifying but if the decision is inconsequential anyways (like what to eat for dinner) I think it'd be safe to try :D otherwise, I've been thinking since you posted and haven't come up with anything concrete. If I do, I'll post again :D
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 8 months ago #292869 by Kit

Lykeios wrote: First of all, HI KIT! It has been too long!

Second, Darn, I thought I'd be clever and ask "so, what ARE your views on the Force"...then I took another look after reading the whole thread and realized you'd answered the question in a spoiler. Haha.

So, here is my question, is the tree flammable? (No, this isn't a mocking question, I'm serious. Sort of a "can the Force/Tree be killed or cut down or knocked so far out of balance it is destroyed? But also, yes, it's kind of a funny question cuz "is wood flammable?" Is just an amusing inquiry.)

It really has been too long! I've missed you!

hehe I beat you to it. Since the power comes from the life itself, I can't imagine it'd burst into flames XD but it could change or even parts of it wither away. I feel that it's the force of man's will that shapes deities (which are also part of that tree), and that same will is what awakens the spirits of mythological animals. So as long as someone's around who remembers a being (god, mythological creature, extinct creature) the branch will still be there in some semblance. So on that thought, I could see it becoming imbalanced. But I think it'd take something like a total and long lasting world war or some other apocalyptic thing. You'd have a range of people loosing faith and belief in their gods, and some who cry out for that power. Perhaps making new gods, maybe vengeful ones. ...now this sounds like an awesome story and I want to write it XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #293111 by
Replied by on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything
You reckon I'm gonna make it?
Here, I mean.... But maybe I really just mean, into who I'm meant to be.

And whatever the answer, what clues did you use to get to it?

More
6 years 7 months ago #293754 by Lykeios Little Raven

Kit wrote: It really has been too long! I've missed you!

hehe I beat you to it. Since the power comes from the life itself, I can't imagine it'd burst into flames XD but it could change or even parts of it wither away. I feel that it's the force of man's will that shapes deities (which are also part of that tree), and that same will is what awakens the spirits of mythological animals. So as long as someone's around who remembers a being (god, mythological creature, extinct creature) the branch will still be there in some semblance. So on that thought, I could see it becoming imbalanced. But I think it'd take something like a total and long lasting world war or some other apocalyptic thing. You'd have a range of people loosing faith and belief in their gods, and some who cry out for that power. Perhaps making new gods, maybe vengeful ones. ...now this sounds like an awesome story and I want to write it XD

DOOOOO IIIIIIT! Haha. I'd read that.

Okay, so, question time...
What do you count as your greatest achievement so far in your life and what is the next great achievement you'd like to...achieve?

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
6 years 7 months ago #293820 by Kit

ReallyRiver wrote: You reckon I'm gonna make it?
Here, I mean.... But maybe I really just mean, into who I'm meant to be.

And whatever the answer, what clues did you use to get to it?

I tell you right now that becoming who you want or are meant to be is a very long and very difficult path. And absolutely worth it (I'm assuming, I'm not all the way there yet XD but it's been worth it so far) and not everyone makes it either. Part of the hardest part for me is finding what that was.

We've chatted a bit, I don't know you well (I'd like to!) but here's my impression of you.
You're genuine, you're enthusiastic in a child-like way (I mean this as a great compliment. Ever watch a kid get excited about something?), and I feel if you found the right person/place/whatever, you'd pour your very soul into it. I get the feeling you've done that to your detriment a few times. I think you're a bit shy and very unsure of yourself.

I think you've got a lot to learn (don't we all?) and there'll be a lot of bumps, detours, turns, and dead-ends, but once you get 'there', you'll pause and breathe "....wow...I really did it..."

I think you'll do well here if you find this is the place for you. For the same reasons I already listed ;) you're also well liked and I know a Knight or two who have their eye on you already.

More
6 years 7 months ago #293897 by Kit

Lykeios wrote: Okay, so, question time...
What do you count as your greatest achievement so far in your life and what is the next great achievement you'd like to...achieve?

Man this one is harder than I thought it'd be! Good question :D

The thing that keeps coming back to my mind is when I made the decision to not just be a creature of my environment. To not let my past rule me. It seems like such a small thing when I say it lol. But it was that point where I decided that the abuse I experienced for 30 years wasn't going to define me. That I wouldn't continue the cycle for my (at the time) unborn daughter. That I would draw a line in the sand and see if my abuser would meet me half-way and build a healthy relationship from the ground up.

It later lead to me cutting out my mother from our lives, becoming a more confident and better person all around, and using my pain to understand, empathies with, and teach others. A way to turn my experience into something positive.

As for my next great achievement, my only long-term goal is to raise my daughter well. On the smaller scale, I want to write and publish a book. I just don't know what it is yet XD

More
6 years 7 months ago #293904 by Lykeios Little Raven
Had a feeling that might be your greatest achievement. :)

And I want to publish a book too. I've written a couple, but I haven't felt they were good enough to send off to publishers so far.

Okay, so...what is the greatest story you've ever heard/read/witnessed?

More
6 years 7 months ago #294082 by Kit

Lykeios wrote: Had a feeling that might be your greatest achievement. :)

You know me better than I do then! hahaha

Lykeios wrote: And I want to publish a book too. I've written a couple, but I haven't felt they were good enough to send off to publishers so far.

That's awesome! That's further than I've gotten haha. I have a lot of stories in my head and part-way written two. I just haven't made much time for that craft. I think partly due to a lack of confidence. Like I have this expectation my first book should be this epic that echoes across the ages XD or at least makes people stop and think. I've found such influence from fiction books that I just really want to give other people that kind of support too.

Lykeios wrote: Okay, so...what is the greatest story you've ever heard/read/witnessed?

*gleefully rubs hands together* ok, so I can't pick one so here's a few:

I was sent to help with the JEFX exercise at Nellis AFB, where I met a retired Colonel who flew the F-4 Phantom during the cold war. I'll start his story the way he shared it with me.

"When I flew the F-4 on the border of Russia, I nearly started World War III....twice!"
Warning: Spoiler!

Fun fact: the F-4 was nicknamed "The world's largest distributer of MiG parts"

Here's my favorite story to tell. I was serving with the Honor Guard for Dyess AFB, TX, and sent with my friend Rocky out to a veteran funeral detail outside of this one-horse town.
Warning: Spoiler!

And here's a story that was shared with me by my shaman teacher: The Sun and the Vine

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi