Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

More
6 years 10 months ago #287857 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

rrhodes67 wrote: What do you think happened to Jimmy Hoffa?

I'd heard the name before but had to look him up XD I have no opinion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #287858 by Kit

Rex wrote: Heya Kit,
What's your MOS, how'd you discover your guardian animal, and what's the biggest thing you've learned from Jediism?

My AFSC is 3D172 Cyber Transport Systems Craftsman. I usually program large-scale networks both classified and unclassified but right now I'm working the Ground Comm for the Global Hawk.

I think the biggest thing I've learned from Jediism is confidence in myself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 10 months ago #287872 by
Replied by on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything
When does a person get to give up?

More
6 years 10 months ago #287999 by Kit

ReallyRiver wrote: When does a person get to give up?

I spent the weekend thinking about how to answer this and it's not an easy one.

I feel that perseverance is important to anyone's life. However, there are times when giving up may be the best option we have. I think the most important thing is being entirely and truly honest with ourselves on why we're giving up.

Sometimes our goals change, or we do. Sometimes the price (in money, effort, energy, time, materials, and so on) is more than we're willing to pay. Sometimes we simply can't pay the price at all.

Whenever I've given up on things, I will a lot of the time be disappointed in myself. We're always told to "never give up" and "always do your best!" "shoot for your dreams!" and a lot of other fluffy things. I ate it up. So when I found I couldn't do something, or gave up on something, I was so hard on myself. But the more I started paying attention to the reasons beyond "I can't", I realized that I had some frelling good reasons that I made some of the choices I did. I came to accept my capabilities too. What you need to be mindful of is that these reasons don't become excuses. That's where you really have to be honest with yourself.

And when I came to accept the reasons I did what I did, and started thinking on these reasons before I gave up on something, a lot of the self-loathing on being a failure dissolved. Just because we give up on something doesn't automatically make us failures.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 10 months ago #288003 by MadHatter
If you had one sentence to give advice to a person that wishes to be a Jedi Knight what would it be?

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit

More
6 years 10 months ago #288023 by Kit

MadHatter wrote: If you had one sentence to give advice to a person that wishes to be a Jedi Knight what would it be?

I've been trying to think of some epic, deep, or witty answer since I read this this morning but I keep going around to the biggest lesson I'm still learning.

"Be compassion, and include yourself in that."

More
6 years 10 months ago #288034 by Carlos.Martinez3
If you could pass anything to the younger ones in our order, my very own son, how would you choose to relay it?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 9 months ago #288099 by Kit

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: If you could pass anything to the younger ones in our order, my very own son, how would you choose to relay it?

The best way to relay anything, especially things that are important, is in person. There's so much in body language, facial expression, and voice inflection that gets lost in text. Also, there's a set of community chemicals that the brain releases more readily in an in-person meeting than over text or even phone or video chat. Additionally, people appreciate when you invest time in them over anything else. And nothing says "I'm investing time in you" than actually going to the person.

I know this isn't always feasible, especially until the travel technology catches up to our communications capabilities XD but either way, I would try and work with the individual on their preferred way of communicating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #288102 by
Replied by on topic Hi I'm Kit, Ask me Anything

Kit wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Kit wrote:
It was Arcade who directed me towards shamanism. Read a few books, did one of the suggested journeys and it just felt right. So I kept at it

Who or what is "Arcade"?
And which books?

Ah, sorry. He hasn't been around for a while. A friend of mine who use to be a knight here.

Thanks! But you forgot the second part of the question? :( :P

More
6 years 9 months ago #288141 by OB1Shinobi
1) whatever happened to Arcade anyway?

2) how come i can see you sig when im logged out?!?

Thanks in advance

People are complicated.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi