secrets...

More
6 years 11 months ago #279517 by Tellahane
secrets... was created by Tellahane
Here is a questionnaire for EVERYONE of EVERY RANK.

Secrets, we all have them, different ranks have them, TOTJO has a whole has them, we have them individually, we have them among the various groups within TOTJO.

so my question is, should we?

There are things registered members can see that guests can not, apprentices that initiates can't, knights that apprentices can't and so on. There are things private within groups, private within friends. Should things be more honest and open then they are now or as secluded as they have become?

Should we as individuals keep secrets to ourselves?

Think about the following entries in our doctrine before responding to this post if you please:

4. Jedi are wary of attachments, both material and personal. The obsession over possessions and people creates the fear of losing those possessions and relationships which can cause ourselves to be trapped in a state of depression and loss.

9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

Justice: To always seek the path of ‘right’.

A Jedi is unencumbered by bias or personal interest. Justice is a double-edged sword, one that protects the weak, yet also passes judgements according to a set of values. A Jedi tolerates that which is not Jedi and does not pass judgement on that which causes no harm for it is just.

Loyalty: To have faith in your Jedi brothers and sisters.

A Jedi remains true to what they have learned and to their own teachings. A Jedi always serves those who wish to learn more of the ways of the Force and in doing so, remain loyal to the way of Jediism and their Order.

Humility: To accept the ego for what it is.

A Jedi does not boast of their accomplishments and knows that their accomplishment is its own reward.

Fearlessness: To have no self-imposed limits.

Fear is that which prevents a Jedi from accomplishing their duty. A Jedi learns to let go of their fears through their faith in the Force and has no shame in admitting their shortfalls when they occur.

Nobility: To act with honour.

A Jedi does not engage in petty, mean or otherwise dubious activities. Acting with stature and distinction influences others, offering a compelling example of what can be achieved by those who follow Jediism.

Honesty: To avoid lies.

A Jedi is honest with themselves and seeks to always go beyond appearances. There can be no honest self without the knowledge and wisdom to see truth.

Pure Motive: To act with motive and purpose.

Without a sound motive and purpose, action has no meaning, no destination and lacks a foundation. A Jedi moves with the Force, trusts in its ways. A Jedi’s actions are firmly based upon a deep motivation to be as their path dictates.

Discretion: To become invisible.

A Jedi knows there is a time and place for all things. They do not actively interfere in worldly affairs and refrain from overtly supporting or opposing other individuals or organizations.

Integrity: To be consistent.

A Jedi lives as a Jedi at all times. Hypocrisy is their worst enemy.

Morality: To know the danger of belief.

A Jedi knows how contradicting beliefs of what is right and wrong can lead to devastating crimes and conflicts. A Jedi takes a step away from the subjectivity of opinion in favor of the peace of objectivity. A Jedi does not force their values upon others.

There is a question as to if everything should be visible and read only unless appropriate rank as opposed to the way it is now for sake of honesty an openness , and to some a need for more things to be more secluded and only open up as needed. I'm sure a few will be in favor of a balance to both sides of it, where do you land on the teeter totter?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #279519 by
Replied by on topic secrets...
Hard line of questioning, this is. May the Force guide this discussion.

Secrets are meant to be kept. Sometimes it is because we learn of information before someone is ready or allowed to share it and it is not for the person who learned ahead of time to share that information.

Keeping certain things hidden is for people's safety. (Eg, journals and introductions do not show up in searches, youth members have a private group to give them a safe place to learn). Is it a secret? Not really, because we know of them.

Secrets between friends is iffy. Should we really be posting our entire conversations (ones between friends) publicly? As much as I love all ya'll, I really don't need to see everyones conversations. This is why we have private messaging. Its not a secret, its just to keep clutter down.

Now I'm only an Inititate, but I do know that there is a private group for Knights, and apprentice journals are blocked from my view. And that is fine by me. It allows me to be suprised and keep me from peeking ahead at what I can be learning. It also keeps the inner workings away from public eyes.

Its not lying, its not wrong, and it is not dishonourable. I really don't see anything wrong or against the points you listed. Secrets are secrets, and as long as they don't harm anyone, people can go on having them.

May the Force be with you all and continue to guide this conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #279521 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic secrets...
I don't know what goes on in the areas I can not see at TotJO, but I'm not sure I would call those things "secrets" in the way that perhaps you mean?

I don't imagine that the Knights are chortling to themselves whilst they drink deep of the wisdom of the gods and we mere mortals are left to toil under the hot sun, unable to conceive the life of our betters....or something.

The technique for bypassing the isolator in my car is a secret, known to me (or anyone with a basic understanding of circuits, a multimeter, and some spare time, realistically)
I don't feel me knowing this secret and not sharing it is dishonourable.

(you could argue it shows an attachment to my car, but I would suggest my attachment is a practical one, not an emotional one. Whilst I certainly like my car, the distress from its loss would be one of finance and labour, rather than a broken heart, which I believe is what the caution against attachments is designed to avoid)

That's getting sidetracked though, you're asking specifically about TotJO?

I think it is wise that there are things Guests can not see.
There is nothing preventing a Guest becoming a member, and as the internet is a big place with many and varied folk, it would seem prudent for there to be some...minor barriers.

Of course, given how easy it is to become a member, it is again prudent to perhaps keep some barriers between those of us who can merely fill out a form and those who have given some time and thought to the teachings here.

But, as I said, I'm at the bottom rung, for all I know the Knights have access to a shopping co-op, discount movie tickets, and each one of them knows a single stanza of the Song that Will End the Earth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #279522 by
Why do you presume something is dishonest just because its not open , i can see everything and i can assure you there is no hanky panky going on behind the screens , i scroll over a lot of things and dont even read them because really , being here does not mean i have to know everything , and if you have doubts about something you can always contact a counciller and he/she will be happy to inform you,

Frankly i find your lack of trust disturbing :laugh: not in a bad way though , i love to question everyting ...

More
6 years 11 months ago #279523 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic secrets...
I tend to think things should be more open.
Even if its read only.
Why hide things? Why only tell certain groups announcements?
I dont see a problem in general.

Things between friends keep them secret.

But lessons and stuff should be more open. Whats wrong with looking at certain things?

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane,

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #279524 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic secrets...
id like to tell you the answer but i cant, because.... its a secret

:P :evil:

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Tellahane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #279525 by
I am more open in a more closed 'journal'. Being able to write in a more closed section makes me feel comfortable. Not knowing can be a gift, what would you do with all the knowledge and information? Keeping secrets is important and healthy within reason. ;)

More
6 years 11 months ago #279526 by Amaya
Replied by Amaya on topic secrets...
In general knowledge and information about events or situations can help greatly in understanding, accepting and building trust

Everything is belief

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 11 months ago #279528 by

Codex wrote: I am more open in a more closed 'journal'. Being able to write in a more closed section makes me feel comfortable. Not knowing can be a gift, what would you do with all the knowledge and information? Keeping secrets is important and healthy within reason. ;)

Ah , Master Carlos and i used PM for the juicy stuff that we did not want y'all to know about , so my journals are not that shocking , but i do understand the need for a more closed enviroment , but i dont understand the need for apprentice and knights logs to be hidden , we could learn a lot from them ...

More
6 years 11 months ago #279530 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic secrets...
I no longer use the word secrets. There are some things that are unknown. Personally I don't want to know everything . I allow some room for wonder and all that majic stuff myself. My focus is to grow and to help grow. When your focus is things of this nature, "secrets" as we know them seem to disappear. I always say in an open book you read ?
The reason for this is to learn not to poke or ridicule. When I see that becoming more evident , like some , I change my approach.
" secrets " are a tool sometimes used improperly. A stick of dynamite if you will , not dangerous per say but you Kinna need some know how to handle. These "secrets" you can have all day . To which do you mean?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi