White vs Brown People

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #276138 by Whyte Horse
Is it just me or is the global community turning into some kind of new nazi thing? I see US+Russia+UK vs Mexico+China+EU happening. White nationalists vs brown welfarists. We got walls going up, immigrants on the run, shiny white leaders cozying up to one another. Just sayin, it's looking like we're heading for a white vs brown thing...

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #276142 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic White vs Brown People
I certainly don't support the nomenclature, but I also fail to understand your categorization. In how far are China and the EU supposed to be in the 'brown welfarists' category? I believe this is a minefield - I don't see an approach to a discussion like this that doesn't very quickly turn sour. Labeling, misconceptions, you name it. I'll keep the popcorn ready in any case :-)

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick

More
7 years 2 months ago #276149 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic White vs Brown People
Yeah, I'm with Cyan Sarden on this.

A. How are China and the EU 'brown welfarists'?

and

B. How can you label the entirety of any nation as one 'colour'? Especially countries like the US and UK that have some of the most culturally and racially diverse populations on the planet.

Could you maybe provide a little more information to clarify things as I don't really understand what you're talking about

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #276150 by
Replied by on topic White vs Brown People

Whyte Horse wrote: shiny white leaders cozying up to one another.

And that's a good example of the problem. Bias.

In all of your examples your "brown" category are poor homeless and helpless people running from their war ridden homes and your "White" Category leading the world in their "Shiny" glory.

For the last 6 years America was ran by a BLACK President. Not a shiny white leader

And there are just as many greedy "Brown" Leaders cozy-ing up in their richly spleandor while there are just as many "White" people living in less than favorable conditions.

I am white. And i am currently living in a home with no heat and a snow storm forcast on the way. Not so shiny and cozy if you ask me ;)

I agree with Cyan. Nothing good can come out of this topic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #276154 by
Replied by on topic White vs Brown People
I am SO glad no one got baited into this political booby trap.

I'll bite my tongue for now as well.

More
7 years 2 months ago #276184 by Carlos.Martinez3
If you take away a lot of labels you'll find at the heart ... People vs people. Then at that it's just opinion vs opinion .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Rex

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #276307 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic White vs Brown People
if you dont want a "white vs brown thing" then dont promote one

dont frame the discussion as if its a battle, and we all have to be on one side vs the other

use your voice to promote rational thought, open dialogue, and the idea that we as americans really are in this together, and its in all of our best interest to work together, even though that is difficult at times

be personally dedicated to the idea of cultural unity rather than racial victory

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #276310 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic White vs Brown People

Whyte Horse wrote: Is it just me or...

It's just you. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Manu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

More
7 years 2 months ago #276361 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic White vs Brown People

Magnus Staar wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: Is it just me or...

It's just you. :)

man, i wish i could believe this

unfortunately, i see this "white vs brown" thing too, though differently.
i see what appears to be a large and growing movement of people intent on stirring up group vs group enmity across a variety of populations. specifically, im talking about the SJW's, who confuse personal demographic for personal identity, and from there cast judgement on individuals based on the individuals personal demographic

i do also agree with the idea that there are powerful economic conglomerates at work in the world that are highly exploitative, particularly of the poor, and that many (though not all by any means) of the individuals who direct those organizations fall into the racial category of "white"

but it isnt "white vs brown" and those who frame it that way only make the problems worse

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #276374 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic White vs Brown People

Cyan Sarden wrote: I certainly don't support the nomenclature, but I also fail to understand your categorization. In how far are China and the EU supposed to be in the 'brown welfarists' category? I believe this is a minefield - I don't see an approach to a discussion like this that doesn't very quickly turn sour. Labeling, misconceptions, you name it. I'll keep the popcorn ready in any case :-)

Yeah I really didn't want to go there but it's the here and now for the the mainstream. We might as well just stop being in denial and accept the reality, even if we don't like it. I'm not expressing my opinion here, just discussing what I see taking shape.

I think the EU has plenty of nationalists emerging and even had a nation exit the union, with several others threatening the same. Plenty of parties calling for similar trump agendas and some outright racist leaders.

Perhaps white and brown isn't the right terminology, but what is? We just went through hell in the US under Obama with police killing black people.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi