Martial arts

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273854 by
Martial arts was created by
What kinds of physical training/Martial arts does everyone practice?

Also what kinds of weapons training do some of you study/train? Just wanting to know the kinds of physical training that other Jedi or Sith do and how, if at all, you apply the force to your training.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273863 by
Replied by on topic Martial arts
I used to do Wado Ryu, Tai Chi (health/holistic/Yang Style version), And bits and peaces of informal Kendo & Iado. I have participated in Grappling and plenty of free style Shini practice (Find a partner and just start hacking XD) And Yoga (My own version - Kata Kitty) An most recently in the last year. Pistol and Rifle targeting and drills.

It is not believed by everyone that Jedi should or have to do ANY martial or Physical Training. However it is MY belief that they should and that it is not only important physically, but mentally and spiritually as well.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273864 by
I'm into HEMA (Historical European Martial Arts), but most of my physical training comes from good ol' fashioned push-ups and crunches, but only when I have the time.

More
7 years 2 months ago #273868 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Martial arts
I have about two years of training in Goju Ryu Karate, five years of ships security force training, about 12 years of pistol and rifle training, and a lot of time sparring with friends. Currently, I am learning lightsaber forms as a type of exercise and I go to the range about once a month. In the future, I hope to get back into martial arts classes of one form or another.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 2 months ago #273870 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Martial arts
Also HEMA! :)

I'm looking into one of the grappling forms like jujitsu or judo. We do a bit of grappling in HEMA and I really like it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273962 by
I have a couple years of training in Tae Kwon Do, and self-taught as much as possible in Jeet Kune Do for 10 years or so.

My weapon of choice is the escrima stick.

Can't really call myself a martial artist anymore though, but would like to think that I could defend myself if necessary.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273963 by
4 years Judo as a child
3 years of football (soccer)
2 years Tai Kwando
1 year Kung Fu

Fittness from age 22 till now with pauzes because of my immuunsystem disease

And now i am doing Tai Chi and studying the Sword form , but i need an instructor for that because untill now i have hit a chair and almost dislocated my shoulder lol , but this is my aim -->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=1PbnflQZ0qU

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273972 by
I have practised Taekwondo since I was 11 (which makes it... 24 years now). I also trained in Jujitsu for several years and have cross-trained (read: dabbled) with Aikido, various styles of Karate, kickboxing, BJJ and Wing Chun.

I have trained with the Bo, Bokken, Tonfa and Escrima sticks. I have a preference for the Bo as it was my first weapon, but I favour the Escrima sticks as I am much more likely to be able to improvise a suitable substitute if called upon as I don't typically carry my 'toys' around the streets.

I am also trained with a revolver and semi-automatic handgun.

None of which has anything to do with my Jedi path as it was all commenced before I began my current journey, but as do Trisskar and Tellahane I feel that some form of martial art should be incorporated.

More
7 years 2 months ago #274028 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Martial arts

MartaLina wrote: 4 years Judo as a child
3 years of football (soccer)
2 years Tai Kwando
1 year Kung Fu

Fittness from age 22 till now with pauzes because of my immuunsystem disease

And now i am doing Tai Chi and studying the Sword form , but i need an instructor for that because untill now i have hit a chair and almost dislocated my shoulder lol , but this is my aim -->

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=1PbnflQZ0qU

That looks amazing...and I want it... =p Though I have a long way to go before I would be able to do that, the school I'm taking classes in now does have a full martial form, and I think they also teach a bladed form but I have no idea if its this same form or a different one, but thats the advanced advanced stuff and gotta start with the basics first. So your way ahead of me get all that figured out then come teach me ^.^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #274065 by
25 years competitive/ NCAA Div futbol(soccer)
6 years school basketball
2 year Taekwondo
3 years school track
golf
crossfit now
now learning goju ryu , tai chi, kungfu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi