Innate Bisexuality

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #273351 by Whyte Horse
So the theory goes like this: Everyone is bisexual and everything else is a preference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innate_bisexuality

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #273353 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Innate Bisexuality
By a doctor who never "helped" any of his patience? Its hard to take him seriously personally. My choice and I find the Fruad valid in ...his world. In my Jedi ism these labels seem to be something more to overcome. My stance is all live is valid. Any silly label is our own idea. Need examples of love? I won't label them but I knew a person who stood every time his love entered the building... Gay or bi or not, that's attention to ...their details!. Really what does sexuality matter? A great topic to discuss or a block some may never get past? My goal is to build so I say... Label less see more!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 2 months ago #273354 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Innate Bisexuality
My only real contribution here is that I think I really like the term "polymorphously perverse".

rugadd

More
7 years 2 months ago #273356 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Innate Bisexuality

Whyte Horse wrote: So the theory goes like this: Everyone is bisexual and everything else is a preference.

Cool. Now people can stop fussing about what is or not "natural" and simply enjoy the ride (no pun intended) :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273370 by
Replied by on topic Innate Bisexuality
TRY-Sexual?

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
7 years 2 months ago #273401 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Innate Bisexuality

Magnus Staar wrote:

Whyte Horse wrote: So the theory goes like this: Everyone is bisexual and everything else is a preference.

Cool. Now people can stop fussing about what is or not "natural" and simply enjoy the ride (no pun intended) :)

exactly. It was becoming cumbersome to have all the LGBTQABCDEFGHIJK alphabet. Anyway, new theories come along and old theories get replaced.

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 2 months ago #273405 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Innate Bisexuality
No that is not even close to the theory. The theory states that we possibly start that way in the womb but that it is normal to tip one way or the other as we mature. That does not mean everyone is bisexual and everything else is just preference. I myself am bisexual with a learning for men but an honest interpretation of the concept is vital. Further, Freud had been discredited in most of his theories. For all his good works he got much if not most wrong. So while its an interesting idea this wiki article alone does not prove the interpretations drawn from it.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

More
7 years 2 months ago #273412 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Innate Bisexuality
I tend to agree with the concept and would go a step further and say its probably anything-sexual! The mind is a powerful thing, and I find the concept of sexual reward quite flexible in that it can be bound or unbound and applied to anything or nothing at all. We certainly are complex enough to fool ourselves, and so if we do have some base nature in this regard I'd love to know about it. But stripping away all the constructs I guess its about a stimulus reaching a threshold to trigger something, and so the more of the mind and body which can be recruited to the experience the more effective it might function. Meaning the whole social and self domains of identity play into it along with all the other parts of our brain like curiosity. To me then sexuality might be just a function of psychology more then biology, from where I'm sitting at least... but then I blame nurture a lot more then nature for most stuff!! But as mentioned, I'm probably fooling myself and so would love science to tell me haha.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
More
7 years 2 months ago #273426 by Whyte Horse
Replied by Whyte Horse on topic Innate Bisexuality
Yes, it's obvious we need a new theory of sexuality. People can rip on Freud because he was a coke-head or had poor data, but he kinda sent things in a direction that advanced the field. Now that we have all this new data from fMRI, DNA, twin studies, genetics, etc we should move forward. Innate bisexuality is kind of olde-fashioned but it's a start. The next step is that people are born neutral and develop sexuality in an environmental context. something like that.

More
7 years 2 months ago #273452 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Innate Bisexuality
I have a question and I’m sure it will not be popular. :P

Why do we need a new theory of sexuality?

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brick

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi