A philosophical Jedi *feeling* the Force

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272176 by Adder
In practical terms 'Force', for me, tends to be a sensory representation/experience of information in the most base form. It thus can be represented/experienced in different ways, but by virtue of the process can be related to each other to paint an underlying single nature.

Nicholasos wrote: My initial response is to refrain from surrendering myself to a mystical force of which our comprehension is impossible, but I struggle with the thought that is the selfless embracement and daily living of Jedi ideals in and of itself the action of surrendering oneself to a mystical force, however unknowingly?

I'd say it was more about redefining self - then the contemporary understanding of 'surrendering', but then I tend to take the slow burn approach :dry:
Labels tend to often represent the end result rather then the experience or process, so there is that to sometimes consider. .

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272192 by

Nicholasos wrote: How do you personally "feel" the Force on a spiritual level outside of philosophical and metaphorical meaning?

Thank you for making this thread, I find your question is beautifully written out! How do I feel the force in a spiritual way of speaking, without using philosophy or examples to explain its meaning? I am not sure I can... :blush:

The Force is my belief of total connection, it guides and aims to form our individual path of being a Jedi without separating us as a whole, spirituality needs an observation to exist; The Force feeds my spirituality.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #272193 by Zenchi

Nicholasos wrote: I consider and even practice my Jediism ideals as a philosophical path much more so than a spiritual/religious one. Growing up as a traditional christian, and subsequently losing my belief in the given deities I have lived for sometime as an agnostic/atheist. While I easily identify with and apply the Jediism ideals to my life, in my opinion the Force still resembles a metaphorical understanding of the unified living consciousness that we all exist within. Not an existing supernatural force separate from our plane of existence.

I guess my question, is am I way off base? How do you personally "feel" the Force on a spiritual level outside of philosophical and metaphorical meaning?

You may be over thinking things a bit. Does it need to be "spiritual" in order for you to connect with it?

Try observing children playing, laughing and running around like the little Zen masters they are. Then go to a night club, or rave and observe the youth there.

Drink it in...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Loudzoo,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #272520 by
Thank you all for the very valuable input on your own perception of the Force.

I'm beginning to notice a general trend however. It appears the simple act of experiencing existence, free from the confines of the system of symbols we use to define our perception of the world around us, is in and of itself the act of feeling the Force spiritually.

I will continue to contemplate this understanding and I look forward to more of your responses.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

More
7 years 3 months ago #272734 by J. K. Barger
To "feel the Force" means so much to a Jedi- and so much to me or you..

But I would ask you- have you ever heard a song, or caught beat that caught you by the seat of your britches? Has a sight so inspirational ever moved you to wax poetic? Or maybe left a conversation with more than what you came with?

This is the Force.

It is many things to many people- we dig it in many ways, but one thing is for sure...

When you know it- you know it.

Game recognize game.

Can you feel me?;)

The Force is with you, always.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272961 by

Nicholasos wrote: I guess my question, is am I way off base? How do you personally "feel" the Force on a spiritual level outside of philosophical and metaphorical meaning?

To start, the Force is everything, so everything you feel is feeling the Force. But that, I know, is not an answer to your question.

It is possible to feel the Force in a very literal way, but it is more often referred to as "chi" or "the Tao". At least, that has been my experience. Chi is energy in your body. The Tao is everywhere as it is void, and so permeates all things. It can be felt, but not necessarily in the way people might think.

I wrote up a technique many years ago that might clarify what I'm talking about:

Warning: Spoiler!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #272981 by
What you seem to be describing, Streen, is a way of feeling "something". But as you note, the Force is "everything".

So this technique isn't about feeling the Force... indeed, presenting it thus implies the Force is some hidden "magic" behind the thing that you and I actually understand as "the Force".

When seeking the truth, I've found it's best to subtract misconceptions...

More
7 years 3 months ago #273000 by J. K. Barger
"So this technique isn't about feeling the Force... indeed, presenting it thus implies the Force is some hidden "magic" behind the thing that you and I actually understand as "the Force"."

Or perhaps, it is our instrument(s) of perception that keep our connection "hidden" form us, and for some, it is so wondrous that it could seem like magic?

I can see both views pointing to the gist- in this sense, "removing misconceptions' could be interpreted practically as 'working with the dark stuff that fogs our connection'.

The Force is with you, always.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #273002 by Proteus
Instead of thinking about anything in terms of nouns, think in terms of verbs.

Watts once realized, there are no nouns in reality. Everything is "verbing" (happening/doing). The walls are "walling", the lights are "lighting", and you are "you'ing". The word "be" as in "to be", much like "to run" or "to [insert an action here]" is quite akin as a verb.

So, it is not a thing to be seeking. It is a happening. And "happening" is what everything around you is doing. The cars going by, the people talking, the colors you see around you, the textures of the tables and chairs in the room, and even your very own inner feelings of the immediate moment, especially. It is all happening.

Once one realizes how this is so, the veil is lifted from the eyes about where to find or "connect" with the Force.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Alexandre Orion, J. K. Barger, , Loudzoo,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #273014 by
But doesn't that realization require the acknowledgement that we are born out of this world, not into it? That the individual is a unique manifestation of the whole, the total universe, and as every branch is an outreaching of the tree, the individual is of the the whole? That through this realization we "connect" with the Force.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi