A long car journey...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271119 by
A long car journey... was created by
An interesting thought that popped into my head. If you were on a long car journey, what would you do to entertain yourself?

Me personally, is just put my music on and either look out the window or close my eyes and meditate for a little.

What about you guys?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271142 by
Replied by on topic A long car journey...
I used to listen to my iPod on shuffle, but lately, I've found audiobooks to be a better choice. If I get engrossed in a story, I'm less aware of the time and length of the trip, and it helps to curb my speeding. And I make sure the story is a long one, too; my trips lately have all been around seven hours.

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #271169 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic A long car journey...
I just like to focus on the driving (vehicle and environs) but electronic music helps mediate that focus in an active and dynamic way (without distracting by contemplating emotional or social dialogue in more contemporary music, or audio books for same reason) which makes long journeys more enjoyable. So I measure capability as a function of that capacity to focus, which seems appropriate in terms of safety.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #271171 by
Replied by on topic A long car journey...
I pretend like im the guy that needs to get the Apollo 11 astronauts to the moon and then work out all the translunar calculus and physics problems to accomplish that and then compare those to the actual ones to see how close I was. Sometimes they die and sometimes they dont. Im thinking of submitting my calculations to NASA for the mars shot lol ;-)

More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #271299 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic A long car journey...

or close my eyes and meditate for a little.

I put down my great success in surviving long car journeys to not doing that :dry:

NoDoz and NOFX are my long-drive cure alls.

Of course, eventually the CDs get boring, the MP3 players goes flat and the only thing left is....Radio National. :lol: (Once that goes to static, you know you are proper lost)

If you ever get the opportunity, drive across Australia - Up/down, left/right, sunwise, widdershins - in all cases, it's gives you a few things to discover, obviously about a beautiful country, but also about yourself (and your tolerance for heat and flies)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by JamesSand.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi