Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #270925 by
Replied by on topic The moral of the Star Wars story
Deep meaning?
Its my life and I find meaning in my life so...
When I take time to do something, I want it to have purpose or meaning.
As a professional storyteller, I like stories to have a moral, a theme, or a topic that it is exploring.
I am wondering what the over-arching question that this movie was answering.

Fiction is an amazing teaching tool. that is why we have used it for years, lol. Movies are the new storytelling medium, so I want it to use the tool accurately.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #271403 by
Replied by on topic The moral of the Star Wars story

baru wrote: I rather live for my beliefs than die for them. When a person dies for a cause, they have no idea how the cause will continue without them. So they sacrific their life for the cause, but what happens to the cause?

I think this is what always bothered me. Like... I've said in the past that I'd never take a bullet for anyone, because if I go down, what's to stop the shooter from following it up with another bullet? With me out of the way, the person I was trying to protect is vulnerable, and I'm useless and dying. An exercise in pointlessness.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by .

More
7 years 2 months ago #271414 by Carlos.Martinez3
If I may so late in the game offer this, one of the reasons I love and am a fan of the Star Wars movies is its the story, the story of man, all man, every man, every one. We will all have some form of man vs man man vs self man vs nature. For me I often use others examples of character building and take notes, always learning , smiley face! To me one of the ideas Mr Lucas had was the ability to tell the story and tell us , it can be done. To those seek they will always find . Might not be what exactly we were looking for ... But we do find, when we seek . My small take !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi