Scholars on jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #270013 by
Scholars on jediism? was created by
Hi! I'm new here. Just watched a bunch of videos on 'jediism' on youtube and went on to google you guys. Apart from what is mentioned in the vids, does anyone know of any published books or scientific research on jediism or the Temple? I'm thinking of making this a topic of my college assignment on new religions. Would appreciate very much any heads up!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270015 by
Replied by on topic Scholars on jediism?
You can start here , there is a Jediism sector https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/library

More
7 years 3 months ago #270016 by Alethea Thompson
Well, first don't listen to just any videos about Jediism. Tellahane, Jedi Living, Setanaoko, Michael Kitchen and Jedi Realist Radio are all members of the actual Jedi Community. I don't know how to tell you to find Temple of the Jedi Order vlogs- most of them don't tag Jediism. YomarJedi also does well to explain his understanding of what we are in the Jedi Community. The Force Realist Platform has Jediism related topics, but I've not had time to really dig into it again, as all the other work was kinda too terrible for putting back up on our new KoA site or lost when the computer crashed.

There are 3 published series I would recommend:

Jedi Compass by the Jedi Community (proceeds go to UNICEF, this one is a collection of works from the community from 2005-2015)
From Nerd to Knight by Jared Avery Michaels (he's one of the earliest Jedi, so you can see somewhat what he saw when the Jedi Community was first forming)
Jedi Circle series by Kevin Trout or Opie MacLeod- not sure if they are all under the same name (He's one of the older members of the Jedi Community, and can offer his perspective on what the community is in his own vision)
The Great Jedi Holocron by Adam Yaw, which isn't published, but available by PDF and documents the community from it's beginning pieces until 2005, and includes two other "Aspects" Dark and Shadow. http://ashlaknights.net/support_documents/The%20Great%20Jedi%20Holocron%20-%20By%20Adam%20Yaw%202006.pdf

But commentary from most of the other outlets? Yeah, not really all that great. You have to make sure it has one of the known Jedi Community members.

As for research, well, we've not been around long enough to have our own scientific research corps. And the Jedi Community doesn't make an effort to hammer out -what- the Force is. To some it's supernatural, and to others it's mundane or allegoric. Why should a research corps be established when it's an individual experience?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
7 years 3 months ago #270017 by Alethea Thompson
Well, first don't listen to just any videos about Jediism. Tellahane, Jedi Living, Setanaoko, Michael Kitchen and Jedi Realist Radio are all members of the actual Jedi Community. I don't know how to tell you to find Temple of the Jedi Order vlogs- most of them don't tag Jediism. YomarJedi also does well to explain his understanding of what we are in the Jedi Community. The Force Realist Platform has Jediism related topics, but I've not had time to really dig into it again, as all the other work was kinda too terrible for putting back up on our new KoA site or lost when the computer crashed.

There are 3 published series I would recommend:

Jedi Compass by the Jedi Community (proceeds go to UNICEF, this one is a collection of works from the community from 2005-2015)
From Nerd to Knight by Jared Avery Michaels (he's one of the earliest Jedi, so you can see somewhat what he saw when the Jedi Community was first forming)
Jedi Circle series by Kevin Trout or Opie MacLeod- not sure if they are all under the same name (He's one of the older members of the Jedi Community, and can offer his perspective on what the community is in his own vision)
The Great Jedi Holocron by Adam Yaw, which isn't published, but available by PDF and documents the community from it's beginning pieces until 2005, and includes two other "Aspects" Dark and Shadow. http://ashlaknights.net/support_documents/The%20Great%20Jedi%20Holocron%20-%20By%20Adam%20Yaw%202006.pdf

But commentary from most of the other outlets? Yeah, not really all that great. You have to make sure it has one of the known Jedi Community members.

As for research, well, we've not been around long enough to have our own scientific research corps. And the Jedi Community doesn't make an effort to hammer out -what- the Force is. To some it's supernatural, and to others it's mundane or allegoric. Why should a research corps be established when it's an individual experience?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 3 months ago #270018 by Alethea Thompson
0.o Why did this double post?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270019 by
"The Great Jedi Holocron" PDF has a vast amount of writings from people who been practicing Jediism for over a decade piled into one book.

https://library.templeofthejediorder.org/library/JediJediism/GreatJediHolocron.pdf

"The Way of the Force: A Jedi Tao Te Ching" shows the connection with Taoism and Jediism through reinterpretation/translation of the Tao Te Ching based on the basic philosophy and ideology of Jediism.

These two books helped me gained a better understanding of Jediism.

More
7 years 3 months ago #270073 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Scholars on jediism?
In the library under Jediism is a book called 'Jedi Perspectives' which was put together by myself on Jedi's thoughts on different topics; everyone that participated was a member of this community.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #270098 by
Another Resource - http://justjedi.com/index.php/library <-- you can find this listed in the Public Domain area of TOTJO's library

More
7 years 3 months ago #271460 by J. K. Barger
Replied by J. K. Barger on topic Scholars on jediism?
If you are looking for academic handlings of the Jedi movement/ Jediism, look to Adam Possami and Carol Cusack.

There are others, but these are an indispensable start.

Also, Br. Ken Foldes has written a book on Jedi Education, and is a published teacher.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss some of this material further, PM me :)

The Force is with you, always.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi