Streen and Silas plotting

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266165 by
Streen and Silas plotting was created by

I've been told that Jestor said if enough members came forward and asked for his resignation, that he would follow suit. Silas and I, in fact, are calling for just that.

You may be wondering why, so that will be explained. I personally feel that, Jestor, your close-mindedness toward connection with the rest of the Jedi community stunts the growth of the Jedi and aspiring Jedi. It causes stagnation of rigidity. You and I both know that a Jedi must be able to flow with what is, and TOTJO will not be around forever, as the latest cyber attack proved. What I mean by that is
nothing last forever. The Jedi themselves may not last forever, but if there is openness between Jedi sites, there is no fear of everything falling apart because one site goes down.

This hack of your site has shown how fragile your system is. When Jedi move beyond and between websites, there is safety. TOTJO Jedi can live on.

Yesterday I watched a video about a member who spent 18 months becoming a Jedi through your doctrine. Silas and I disagree with the doctrine in general, but more specifically with it's concrete, unwavering state. Sometimes standing for something and being stubborn is important. Other times, fluidity is necessary. The tricky thing is knowing when to apply either one. TOTJO does not offer the choice. The member in question knows no other way or method, and this simply cannot be. I have been a Jedi for 20 years, experienced and learned from many ways of thinking. It has made me the only person to have survived from the very beginning of the online Jedi community.

This provides me with a unique perspective, as I've seen what works and what doesn't, what organizations fail and which ones succeed. Jestor, your influence on this Order has been significant, but that influence has been restrictive. I do not doubt your wisdom, but your vision is limited. Thus we are asking for you to step down.

This is not a power play. I don't want your job, but I think someone else might do it better. I don't know who. That isn't my decision to make, but I do hope that whoever takes your place will allow the sharing of links to other Jedi sites. I would ask for it to be put to a vote.

For now I will leave it to Silas to add to my thoughts.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Adder. Reason: thread change

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266167 by Zenchi

Really? You're putting your faith in Silas? Wow.... :laugh: Whatever respect I may have had for you Streen no longer exists. And you attempting this, while relying on Silas to further fuel your arguement, is downright laughable...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266168 by
Replied by on topic Petition for Jestor's Resignation
We have helped to wind up the clock; It is time now for said clock to strike. You were warned countless times, the hack, and former member Ryder for instance. I respect you Jestor. I respect any man who is true to his word, so, Mighty Moderator Jestor, will you be true to your word ??
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by .

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266169 by Kohadre

Streen wrote: I've been told that Jestor said if enough members came forward and asked for his resignation, that he would follow suit. Silas and I, in fact, are calling for just that.

You may be wondering why, so that will be explained. I personally feel that, Jestor, your close-mindedness toward connection with the rest of the Jedi community stunts the growth of the Jedi and aspiring Jedi. It causes stagnation of rigidity. You and I both know that a Jedi must be able to flow with what is, and TOTJO will not be around forever, as the latest cyber attack proved. What I mean by that is
nothing last forever. The Jedi themselves may not last forever, but if there is openness between Jedi sites, there is no fear of everything falling apart because one site goes down.

This hack of your site has shown how fragile your system is. When Jedi move beyond and between websites, there is safety. TOTJO Jedi can live on.

Yesterday I watched a video about a member who spent 18 months becoming a Jedi through your doctrine. Silas and I disagree with the doctrine in general, but more specifically with it's concrete, unwavering state. Sometimes standing for something and being stubborn is important. Other times, fluidity is necessary. The tricky thing is knowing when to apply either one. TOTJO does not offer the choice. The member in question knows no other way or method, and this simply cannot be. I have been a Jedi for 20 years, experienced and learned from many ways of thinking. It has made me the only person to have survived from the very beginning of the online Jedi community.

This provides me with a unique perspective, as I've seen what works and what doesn't, what organizations fail and which ones succeed. Jestor, your influence on this Order has been significant, but that influence has been restrictive. I do not doubt your wisdom, but your vision is limited. Thus we are asking for you to step down.

This is not a power play. I don't want your job, but I think someone else might do it better. I don't know who. That isn't my decision to make, but I do hope that whoever takes your place will allow the sharing of links to other Jedi sites. I would ask for it to be put to a vote.

You mention how the site was hacked multiple times within your post, I'd hate to think of the legal ramifications if you or peers you are associated with were involved in or responsible for those attacks.

I personally find that Jestor serves the TOTJO community well and with a respectable dignity considering the immaturity that is directed towards him by certain members here. Eventually, someone may be better suited to serve within his office here at TOTJO, but I don't think that is presently the case.

You and Silas continue to make exorbitant demands upon the community and it's leadership, yet I fail to understand what contributions you have made towards it's continued function, financial or otherwise. You suggest a change of leadership take place, but offer no useful suggestion as to a more qualified candidate to replace those in office. This attitude comes across as having an essence of "You pissed me off, so I don't care who replaces you as long as your not in charge anymore"

Nobody is forcing you to stay at TOTJO, as has been stated many times before. If you feel you could create a better system, I encourage you to go and do just that.

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Kohadre.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven, Avalon, Cyan Sarden, Squint

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266170 by
We did not hack the site. I know someone who has hinted towards it, but hasn't confirmed they did it. This, above all else, is a test. To see if Jestor will stand down. You want me to name some potential leaders ?? Streen. Relan Volkum. Mitth'raw'Nurida. They are given too little credit. There should be a whole Jedi History and it should refer to them as some of our founding fathers. Sure, Br. John and Opie Macleod would be there too, but these guys were first. And for the last 15 years they have been struggling to show us the light .... Yet we ignore.

More
7 years 4 months ago #266171 by Squint
I have nothing to add to the topic specific to Jestor, as to the thread itself, Jestor has not resigned so can you please rename the topic to reflect the actual nature of your post? Additionally, this is directed as an attack and in no way reflective of how we should approach these situations as Jedi. Lastly, I work for one of the hottest companies in Silicon Valley but measuring someone by how often their site is hacked is useless. Even the best games and sites get hacked constantly, to expect Jestor to be the person responsible for this is silly as the very forum software we use has vulnerabilities. If this is the standard you're holding Jestor to then there is no way he could be successful.

Journals: IP Apprentice
TM: Loudzoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Whyte Horse, Edan, Avalon, Zenchi and 1 other people also said thanks.

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #266172 by Rosalyn J
What the hell is this?

Get to your training. If you want to change the system, do so when you have done enough work in it and carried enough weight

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, J_Roz, Edan, Avalon and 8 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266173 by
I agree with Kohadre. Jestor puts so much time into this community, and deals with a lot of crap. I haven't seen him to be closed-minded. He's been actually very tolerant of a lot of stuff that many others would have spoken out against.

In regard to the vision of TOTJO, he's not the sole decision maker. We have a whole council that decides in which direction we go. Do you call for the other council members to step down as well?

As for you, Silas:

We have helped to wind up the clock; It is time now for said clock to strike. You were warned countless times, the hack, and former member Ryder for instance.

That sounds dangerously like you either know more than you should about that, or would like to imply that you do. As for Ryder, you and your little grouping seem to think he was banned for a small offense like sharing his age, but I personally saw him badmouthing people all the time, even when they weren't present. That kind of behavior is unacceptable, and I know many were fed up with it. You may not have popular ideas, but I've never seen anybody tell new members in chat what a horrible person you are. Ryder did that, both to people's faces and behind their backs. Unacceptable. This is all I will say on the matter, since it is fact and I discussing such things in a public spotlight is...distasteful, to put it mildly. The only reason I do so is because you keep misrepresenting the truth.

Back to Jestor, he's done so much for the community. I have a ton of respect for him, and I feel that his stepping down would be a sad day for this community.

We always say that not every community can serve every person. There have been times that this community hasn't been what I needed it to be for me. At these times I've taken a step back. I respect your desire to bring about changes that you desire in the community, but what changes, exactly, would you like to see? Jestor is not the community, and he has stated over and over again that his personal views do not reflect those of the community. If you bring about discussion on the things you'd like to see, and the community overwhelmingly rejects them, you can't blame one person for it. Perhaps the community is just not for you?

More
7 years 4 months ago #266174 by MadHatter
What a laughable post. First of all, it's made by two people who have not even bothered to do anything here except complain. Further, it's by people who can't even suggest people that might be able to do it better without being pressed. Finally, those they listed are people admittedly not chosen by their fellows to lead and I wonder why that might be. In short, they demand changes to something they do not like that has worked for years and yet can offer nothing to replace it.

Then there is the fact that these two seem linked to the attack on the site itself. Never mind that one-half of this duo regularly espouses calls to violence.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Kohadre, Avalon, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 4 months ago #266175 by
I will make my opinion very clear here. We all have limited visions, it's too arrogant to think that only Jestor has limited vision, I do not know if he's the best leader, but I know how my brother has done the best he can for more than two years.
Then I would like Streen to officially point out the reasons why he asks Jestor out. As always in this forum, there is a lot of small talk and few arguments. So brother Streen, post your motives and your arguments and let's talk like adults. "Limited vision" about what? What happened? What do you think? Be more direct and suspicious.
Finally, if this is a democracy, then I personally will ask for an official vote on the subject. Jestor is a vital member in this community and he will not leave the post without everyone voting.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi