Preparing for a Lecture

More
7 years 6 months ago #258970 by Breeze el Tierno
I will be speaking at The Institute Library in New Haven, CT this Friday on the Jedi Path. It is half lecture, half interview. Some Q&A at the end. (It should be noted that I am the one doing this in large part because I am the Knight that lives closest to New Haven.)

I have been preparing for a little while and am interested in what you all feel ought to be covered. Bearing in mind that the lecture portion is 30-40 minutes, what do you regard as essential points? From another angle, were you to bring a friend who is generally unfamiliar with the Path, what would you like to see in that lecture.

I certainly have my own ideas, but for the purposes of this discussion I am holding onto them.

Also, just for fun, there's a poster:

Attachment h92d0e96_2016-09-29.png not found

I will do my very best to do right by all of you, this Temple, and the Community. No pressure. ;)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Loudzoo, MadHatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #258973 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic Preparing for a Lecture
Ok I am really jealous as I miss my home state and family very much. I will be heading to visit in December but wish I could see you speak. As far as what I would like to see in such a speech:

1) An overview of the doctrine
2) And overview of the code/s
3) What being a Knight means to you personally.
4) How Jediism has benefited you or those you have met at the temple.
5) What you suggest to those interested in looking more into Jediism

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258977 by
Replied by on topic Preparing for a Lecture
First of all i think its awesome that you are doing this and i find it a pity i cannot be there :

One thing that i would want to share is how it is good to do the right things for others and how helping others makes the world a much better place to live in :cheer:

More
7 years 6 months ago #258984 by Carlos.Martinez3
I wouldn't have picked u for the spot....not! Just kidding friend. Often in life we fill needs and get many blessings for it. I see this as one very potential fowardness already coming. Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you a million times for doing this. No preasure right? Right! I often am grateful for the Temple and their leaders, you! Make us proud. Give them what they need, there is hope there is help. The human potential is as active as we allow it. Thanks for using and showing us how u do it. I look forward to seeing the end results here! Lead follow or get out of the way, lead on Cabur, it's neat to see the Knights that entered at the same time as me grow very differently than me but leading the way. I will follow in great examples like yours brother! "Lead the way!"

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 6 months ago #259000 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic Preparing for a Lecture
I wrote a thing for a thing, and then used that for a lesson in my Knight's Journal. It may or may not help but I'll paste it here!
Warning: Spoiler!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

More
7 years 6 months ago #259029 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Preparing for a Lecture

Cabur Senaar wrote: No pressure. ;)

Crikey, no kidding :ohmy:

Handstands, lots of handstands :silly:

That's awesome, no matter how it turns out big congratulations for the effort!! Though your question is a little massive... off the top of my head;

- rationalizing perception, movement and change (procedural efficiency)
- connecting emotions to perception (getting in touch)
- doctrine of emptiness (not needing to be in touch)
- doctrine of two truths (changing the inner narrative)
- systems thinking (penetration of ritual)
- physio-synthesis (merging body with mind)

.. as categories of spiritual focus, but with allied learnings to relate to outer social and historical realities which define the present.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi