Should jedi stay out of politcal office

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #260912 by OB1Shinobi

Silas Mercury wrote: I still believe that we Jedi should try to give ourselves a small amount of power.

instead of expecting a group to become powerful for you, begin with cultivating your own Personal Power

Warning: Spoiler!

Silas Mercury wrote: We would always use it for good.

id like to point something out to you in response to that idea...

And yet, some of you, after pledging your allegiance to the code, still insist on voting for that buffoon Trump.

after declaring that "we would always use [our power] for good" the very next thing you do is to use your power to attack fellow jedi who plan on using their power in a way that you think is not good enough.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 6 months ago #260928 by Jestor

x57z12 wrote:

They say power corrupts. They don't say that without reason.

They say that because it can, but, then that would appear to be the case, depending on what side of the power you are on...

If I had 'the power", lets say...

To those who agree with me, I am perfectly within my rights and responsibilities...

To those who disagree, I am abusing my power...

Silas wrote: I still believe that we Jedi should try to give ourselves a small amount of power. We would always use it for good. And yet, some of you, after pledging your allegiance to the code, still insist on voting for that buffoon Trump.

Who would decide "good"?

Is closing our "borders good"? By that, I mean economically as well... Not just literally... (Think like TOTJO... Everyone can join and participate, but we do not get to riled up at what other sites say or do... They do their thing, we do ours)

How do you know any of us would vote for Trump? (Was it discussed in another thread?)

Jedi are outnumbered, so, based on votes, we could all use our votes for anyone else, but, the public may still vote him in...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #261020 by x57z12

Jestor wrote:

x57z12 wrote:

They say power corrupts. They don't say that without reason.

They say that because it can, but, then that would appear to be the case, depending on what side of the power you are on...

Maybe more specific then: Those with power tend to use it. Naturally it's not just black and white but all sorts of colors in between. To use another idiom perhaps: To someone using a hammer to solve problems, every problem looks like a nail.

It's just some problems aren't and they just get squashed or broken by the application of blunt force trauma :) In regards to politics however, agitated/irritated is more likely. Strong-arming our views, thinking they are the 'good, just, righteous' ones to me would put us on the same level as everyone who enforced their views to further their own agenda.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by x57z12.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #261024 by
I think our clothe, an excellent politician would make.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi