What do you think comes after death?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258499 by

Death, yet the Force wrote: What do you think comes after death?

Everything continues minus what I refer to when I say I.

To be more precise I might use lower case "i" to distinguish the extended "I" which could refer to the presence of memories of myself in others (other i's) and any influence through interactions with the environment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258501 by
I find it quite interesting that one can ascribe ones self to a spiritual path called Jedi and yet many if not most in that group have a different view on what happens at death. As Jedi do you not all believe that you don’t "come" from anywhere and you don’t "rejoin" anything or move on to some other place when your time as these “bubbles of coalesced energy” is over. Instead each of us simply bubbles up from the medium of the Force, exists for a bit and then “pops” and melds back into the medium of The Force that we formed from.

Each of us were already an intrinsic ingredient of The Force before birth and each of us will always be a component of The Force after death and there will never be two that are identical. Now the details of what it means to be a part of The Force may vary greatly from person to person. For example, details like whether we retain some sort of cohesive consciousness after death as part of The Force or not. But those details aside, it seems to me that to call ones self a Jedi is to believe that we are an intrinsic part of the living Force and that fact is not in dispute or can be denied among those of Jedi ilk.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #258506 by
Death, yet the Force or There is no death; There is the Force

And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life

Each of these would suggest that the Force is eternal, and as I believe that I am an expression of the Force, I too am eternal. So are you. Perhaps the "I" (*cough* EGO) that I currently know and love will cease to exist, but the Force will remain. I am born of the Force and I represent the Force expressing itself in a tangible way, as do you. I don't know how it will choose to express itself next, but whatever it is I will be included in it, as will each of "you".

One day long after "I" am gone, someone will remember I said this and realize that we are all part of the salad they are having for lunch. That will be a great day for me :laugh:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi