Suicide

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258087 by
Suicide was created by
Suicide is one thing I was always afraid, even more now that I'm with many emotional problems. So it made me think a lot, because in addition, here in São Paulo there is a campaign to combat suicide.
I believe that people are driven to extremes by some situations either by the hand of others or for themselves, so that the only way out in your mind is death. And I must say that there is some encouragement in death, as it appears to my eyes a nice sleep a rest.
So I would like to know from you, what you think about it and have had the experience of a suicide attempt by you or someone they know.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #258089 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Suicide
This is something, that in the states has been overly romanticized, I believe this is due to older generations attempts at sweeping death under the rug as a result of fear. I find the whole thought surrounding suicide as a "cosmic reset button" to be a little disturbing to say the least. I know when I was close to suicide it wasn't some attempt to start over but to simply put an abrupt end to my own suffering.

I'm sure there are instances where suicide is the only alternative, so I attempt to refrain from judging in most instances, but I can't help to think there are just as many instances where someone who, similar to being in my shoes took life and everyone in it, for granted. We're here to learn, and should view suicide as a last alternative. It often affects more than just the one. That's my take on it...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258092 by
Replied by on topic Suicide
I don't normally talk about this so openly, but you brought up an important question and it's appropriate to discuss it.

I tried to commit suicide. Twice. I have few memories of these events, but one thing I do remember is not pleasant to talk about. I believe that due to my state of mind and the actions I took, I experienced what most people call Hell. I don't see it as punishment for what I did, but rather cause and effect. I was in a great deal of emotional pain, and when I tried to kill myself, my mind was still in that tortured state, so I carried that with me into the afterlife.

I don't know how long I was actually gone, but it felt like an eternity, and I wouldn't wish it on even my worst enemies. I felt frozen. Lost. Confused. Separated from everything and everyone.

So, my advice: don't do it. Suicide is not the answer. There are ways to be helped in this world and it isn't worth it to try to end your life. It's hard to admit when you need help, but it's a cake walk compared to what may await you on the other side. If you need help, swallow your pride, be brave, and ask for help. Call your doctor or whatever you have to do.

If you find yourself suicidal, feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to help.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258094 by
Last winter a girl committed suicide in my hometown. She was 17. I knew her really well, she was attending the same high school I attended and I helped her for a math class a couple of times.
She was a good girl, awesome grades at school, she even managed to be accept to do a 1-year Erasmus program in Netherlands when she was 16.
Unfortunately her family was not as good as she was. I do not know every detail of this tragic event but what I know for sure is that her parents had some problems and reflected these problems towards their daughter. They were never satisfied, they never said "you did good, well done" to her and year after year she began to believe that she was not good enough to study and have success and in the end that she was not good enough to live.

Personally even if I am feeling really really sometimes I never think of suicide. I see it as surrendering and this word is not in my dictionary. There are times to fight and times to rest, times to win and times to lose, but if you leave the battlefield you will lose 100%.

"Pain is temporary. It can last an hour, a day or even a year, but it eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If you quit, however, it will last forever. "

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258095 by
For myself suicide is out of the question , i know what i have here , and who is to say that its not worse over there? Or that you come back here and have to face it again , yeah ? No i dont see it as an end of my troubles when i end it here myself , its not a religious thing really , its just no one has ever come back and told me that it is peacefull "over there" so i 'll take my chances here as long as its bearable. I dont judge people who choose to end it but i also wonder , is there really no other option ?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258099 by
I honestly don't have much to say on the subject matter as it is not a part of my life and my experience is minimal. I did, however, know a girl who was constantly entertaining the thoughts and was - for a little while - her supporter.

The thing I learned about though through her is....(In some cases).... When a person reaches that state, it is damnably impossible to convince them otherwise. And the more you try....the worst it gets. You might even end up becoming an enemy for standing in the way of that goal. I became her's....as did two others who tried as hard as I did. We gave her everything....love, support, a listening ear, a shoulder to cry on. Kind words. Understanding. Gentle nudges towards other options. Opportunities. Invites. Supportive silence....

To this day I don't know whats become of her....

But what I did learn is. Sometimes....as tragic as it is to ever lose a life....sometimes....it is more cruel to stand for or against the choices of others. They must make that all on their own. It is a gauntlet and a harsh one at that....All you can do is stand by their side and support them one way....or the other.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #258100 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Suicide

MrBruno wrote: So I would like to know from you, what you think about it and have had the experience of a suicide attempt by you or someone they know.

This is a question that is very hard to answer for those who have felt that way... it's a question that can require reliving some very painful memories or thoughts... and some of it doesn't always leave you...sometimes only talked about between trusted friends. Perhaps, not a question that should be asked.

That is all I am comfortable saying.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Edan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Cyan Sarden,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258106 by
Suicide ?? The easy way out. Don't do it, it makes you look cowardly etc. Also, remember that a suicide kills 2 people, that's what it's for.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258107 by
Maybe I am alone on this one, but honestly, I think it's probably how I will die and I am ok with that. I plan on killing myself if I ever start to have dementia or Alzheimer's. I've lived through grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, aunts, and even young friends having it and I don't want it. A terminal disease, I'd probably take, but not my mind. I don't think anyone has the right to tell me I can't, it's not their choice. They cannot force me to live a life I don't want to live, to suffer the cruelest thing I could imagine so that they can look at me and go "Well, at least he's alive."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #258111 by
I dealt with theese thoughts no less then two years ago and I learned to overv come as i realized that i want to take my life towards the betterment of the lives of others i began to learn to control my anger better but their was a time less then a year ago where i began to release my anger on someone who had been personally attacking me for around 3 months leading to me indirectly breaking my nose leading to me hurting the person whos name i prefer not remember

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi