On Racism (Split Topic)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #255280 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
I have been watching this thread and at times found it TOO argumentative or maybe I should say, TOO personal, BUT if we can maintain the direction that this thread has been taking, I see a passionate clash of ideas and thought...which is good.

I have made it a mission in my life not to pass on my prejudices to my children. THIS IS WHERE WE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE! (That was not screaming, that was making it known that this is the most important statement in the paragraph). It is only through the admission of our prejudices and the action to correct them, that we can make a positive influence. I have always taught my children one simple statement that seems to draw all of the Commandments and rules of ethical behavior into itself...IF YOU DON"T WANT IT DONE TO YOU, DON"T DO IT TO OTHERS! PERIOD!

So Silas, I see you have a deep and passionate hatred for racism and discrimination. That is a good thing. Do not let it drag you down to making general statements. Be specific.

There are many examples of racism through out history that is not caused by the white man. Then again, racism has many forms and you (Silas) are showing yours. That's ok, you are not the only one. Just lets everyone admit we have our prejudices and find a solution. Mine was to make sure my children did not carry mine on.

What's Your Solution? (Question to everyone here)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 7 months ago #255287 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic On Racism (Split Topic)

Wescli Wardest wrote:

tzb wrote: I disagree - I would hope everyone who comes here could hear an entire community of people saying "dude... that's kind of racist" and understand that, even if they continue to see things their way, they should probably adjust their language to avoid further offence in that community.

See also: all the rules we publish about conduct in our Temple.

I am not disagreeing with that at all. Just pointing out that even if we can see an error in our thinking that it can take a long time to learn not to think that way. That does not excuse anything nor am I suggesting that it means people should say anything they want without consequence.

I think tzb was asking that someone who comes here, who keeps repeating the same mistakes, may want to adjust their way of talking to keep themselves able to come here to discuss things, lol...

I agree with you both, so :P

Such as our recent friends who were ask to leave because they wouldnt take their shoes off at the door... ;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255288 by
Replied by on topic On Racism (Split Topic)
I wanted to put this in another post because it is a different point.

Jediism and this Temple, in particular, is about finding the answers to our questions. The question is see here is "How do we stop racism?" "What is some possible long term solutions to this devastating problem?"

The video I posted was a jaw dropper for me. There is no Black Race or White Race or Oriental Race...We are all human!

It has been suggested by science that all life on earth started somewhere in the Middle East or Northern Africa. Which means that through the EVOLUTION of time and the MOVEMENT of people from the cradle of life to the stretches of the planet, we have evolved different protective traits that help us survive our environment and adapt to the hardships of finding food and water. So when I say that you are my brother, it can be taken as almost literal considering the fact that ALL LIFE on this planet started from one source? (<---notice the question mark) I wasn't there, but science says that's possible. This fact applies to all my brother and sister humans whether they are white, black, Hispanic, oriental, Middle Eastern, martian, or that OTHER thing you find on the application forms.

So our conduct when talking to our brothers and sisters in this thread, or anywhere on the planet, should be as such then RIGHT?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi