Something new to consider: RESPECT

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254774 by

Adi wrote:

Adi wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: well, sorting out the right from wrong is important, and people come at the same issue from different perspectives, so its only natural that it takes the form of a debate from time to time

i think the distinction is somewhere around looking at conversations as a battles vs looking at them as creative, cooperative exploration

Too often there is no easy or "right" answer to a question, though, and pursuing one can be destructive vs. constructive. I left that line as-is for a very specific reason: rather than viewing our discussions as "creative, cooperative exploration", we do tend to view them as "battles."

With the current change, that meaning (which is one of the most important elements of RESPECT) is obscured at best, eliminated entirely at worst.

Akkarin wrote: We aren't here to debate who is right and wrong, but while we here we debate who is right and wrong.

Is what we do currently the way things should be? Are there constructive ends to debating who among us is right or wrong? Also, out of curiosity since I was told to ask: was this change decided upon by the Council or was it decided upon by you alone?

Me alone. Indeed the decision to include them at all was wholly mine.

The last line seemed too easily misunderstood, as though you couldn't say something like "I think you're right/wrong". It might be fine in an environment where the minutiae of each line are explored, and while the line itself says to trust ambiguity, it seemed a little too ambiguous.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi