Are Hispanic People White? (MTV's Decoded)

More
7 years 6 months ago #254711 by Alethea Thompson
Lol

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #254719 by
I feel like, Carlos, you're only seeing the pessimistic side of identifying groups. Although grouping people together can generalize stereotypes and minimize individualism, humans are pack animals. We have a need to belong. Most people like to belong, and many of those same people like to respect and understand their history. That's what culture is. You can't take cultural identity away from people any more than you can take away their personality. It's what makes them who they are individually as well as what ties them to their community. THAT community anyway. There need to be labels just as much as there need to be titles. It's identity. Sure, a title or culture don't define who a person is entirely, but together they are a integral PARTS of a person's WHOLE identity. You can't just take away all (or most) of those parts and expect them to still be who they are. That IS who they are, when you take all those little labels together.

More
7 years 6 months ago #254801 by Carlos.Martinez3
Yes I agree with you as well. I am very cautious where I place my heart and my time. Thank u so much for responding! I'm not gonna loose any sleep over the MTv Lines I may be crossing or erasing. I make my own lines and my own groups. There's no u tube or links to it. Just walk right in and have something to eat! Tea? Be will friend. May the Force be with you still!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Edan, OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #254831 by
And you. It's a difficult topic that always benefits from multiple viewpoints being expressed and considered! :-D

More
7 years 6 months ago #254839 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank u jutus! May tpu find a firm place to grow here

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi