Give this place some credit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254496 by
Replied by on topic Give this place some credit

Manu wrote: Murasaki, though I am not justifying the way in which the previous thread discussion went, I would like to clarify what Setanaoko was talking about... Jedi forums have been around for a while (at least 15 years), and during that time people have been cheated out of their money and their emotional health. There is a precedent for this sort of policing, though I completely agree that the manner in which this was communicated to you was mishandled. In any case, I hope you stay around to see us give you a better second impresion :)

Then that should be handled by the Security Officers ...

Security Officers - The M.I.B. B) of the order, the people you can trust who can and should be contacted in the case of any anti-social or illegal activities. All contacts are treated seriously and confidentially.

It's their job, not the job of others that clearly have no people skills.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #254498 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Give this place some credit

Murasaki wrote:

Manu wrote: Murasaki, though I am not justifying the way in which the previous thread discussion went, I would like to clarify what Setanaoko was talking about... Jedi forums have been around for a while (at least 15 years), and during that time people have been cheated out of their money and their emotional health. There is a precedent for this sort of policing, though I completely agree that the manner in which this was communicated to you was mishandled. In any case, I hope you stay around to see us give you a better second impresion :)

Then that should be handled by the Security Officers ...

Security Officers - The M.I.B. B) of the order, the people you can trust who can and should be contacted in the case of any anti-social or illegal activities. All contacts are treated seriously and confidentially.

It's their job, not the job of others that clearly have no people skills.

Fair enough. :)

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254501 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Give this place some credit
Not this Jedi forum AFAIK though? Many members here are members at previous forums or other forums, and sometimes there is cross talk about issues from the wider community. This is the best one though #biased
:woohoo:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
7 years 7 months ago #254516 by JamesSand
I read all the replies, but didn't see anything I needed to respond to yet.

From the OP However-

Its almost as if we have forgotten totally what the outside world is like. Have you ever been to any other web forum, social media site, or really anywhere on the web where people communicate? If you have then you see what the debates turn into and fast. They turn into swearing, name calling, and basically an all out brawl within ten posts half the time.

Outside world as in...other parts of the internet?

Oh, I know it is a big part of our communication these days, but you don't get punched on the internet.
Some of the things people say via these means (the internet, not necessarily TOTJO) they would risk a flogging, or criminal charges for expressing in physical public spaces.

That is not my point however - my point is I am a part of a few online communities, and, while they do vary, they are for the most part wholesome and every gets along very well.

I have not been here long enough to make any particular judgment - but there are many excellent communities on a whole range of subjects (maybe not as many as there are rage debates on tumblr, but they are easy enough to avoid :D )

This website has a "theme", as most do, and we use it because it is of interest to us - It takes a certain level of maturity to follow that theme in our discussions and not turn this into a soapbox for "off topic" issues* - If you're that worried about getting your opinion on other subjects out into the world - plenty of free blog websites, fill your boots.

*Not to say we can't discuss things outside the realm of Jediism -it can be valuable to discuss issues with people we trust or who have opinions we respect.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi