Have you killed a human ??

More
7 years 7 months ago #254293 by Tellahane
Ya know when I first came across this thread I was somewhat excited for it, I was curious to see it evolve and discussed. As I had recently worked my first sudden onset cardiac arrest call, doing over 40 minutes of CPR myself, the entire process we tried for about an hour and a half to get this person back, and having my hands on the chest the moment the decision to stop cpr was called, it has been a little rough on me lately. That was a hard thing to do. Even harder to deal with.

Then the derailment started and once again I find myself wondering why this continues to happen?

Most of us are here, because we follow and want to be a form of Jedi, whether it be the belief, the force, the concept of the nobility and selflessness part, whatever worked for you. As a part of that comes respect of others' beliefs, respect of opinions, and the overall goal to look at all perspectives and issues and questions objectively and open-minded. To let go of EGO's and hate and shed the cloaks of our pet peeves we wear that catch fire so easily.

I know that is not easy task or process, it's been a long road for me as well and everyone goes at their own speed. But how quickly things deteriorate on this forum is slowly getting worse this year. I'm also seeing names involved that just disappoint me as I've looked up to some of you guys over the last 2 years I've been apart of this great community.

Yes, there are issues with prejudice and racism and thing's like that out in the world. Are they worth discussing, sure they are! they are important to all of us even outside our countries. Should we really be accusing each other of that in here though? Not if we all strive to be the Jedi we want to be.

I see threads fall apart like this and I just want to stay away from it, and just pushes me further away from being here as a whole. I can't imagine what it is doing to our very fresh new members.

WE are ALL BETTER than this guys and gals...I feel disappointed...and shamed...

We CAN do better!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon
The topic has been locked.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254295 by
Replied by on topic Have you killed a human ??

Tellahane wrote: I see threads fall apart like this and I just want to stay away from it, and just pushes me further away from being here as a whole. I can't imagine what it is doing to our very fresh new members.

WE are ALL BETTER than this guys and gals...I feel disappointed...and shamed...

We CAN do better!

Amen. Is all of this really who we've decided we are as a community?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #254309 by
People are way to dramatic here.

Good Lord, it's just one thread.

Seriously, when I come here, I am starting to wonder if I am dealing with adults. I imagine in some cases, the answer is no, but if one thread that takes an uncomfortable tangent is all it takes to make you not want to be somewhere, perhaps that's an indicator of what training you need.

Clue, it's not more avoidance or safe spaces.

Now comes the obligatory "Lets all get along" thread.

Wash,rinse,repeat.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago #254311 by
This thread has wandered a long way from its original intent, and has caused a fair bit of offence to a number of members.

As one poster said, the initial on-topic conversation seems to have largely ended, and the rest is now more about various other topics, some of which are less suitable for our Temple than others.

As such, I'm locking the thread. Please feel free to start new ones about any topic you wish to continue discussing, with the provisos we are here to debate ideas and not people, we endeavour to be a respectful and friendly community of people, and we are talking in a religious space. Thanks.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi