A Question about Love

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253631 by
A Question about Love was created by
Ok. I was just wondering, and needed some answers. If sexuality and gender preference is based around and on attraction, does that mean that it is possible for a lesbian girl to fall in love with a straight guy ?? Can one love a straight guy minus sex and attraction ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #253632 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic A Question about Love

Silas Mercury wrote: Ok. I was just wondering, and needed some answers. If sexuality and gender preference is based around and on attraction, does that mean that it is possible for a lesbian girl to fall in love with a straight guy ?? Can one love a straight guy minus sex and attraction ??

Short answer...yes.

Longer answer... emotions are strange things, and the romantic connections we make with others don't necessarily have to involve sex in any way. Asexuals, for example, have perfectly fine romantic relationships without the sexual element. In my own life I have one friend whom I love as I love myself... if she were gone I'd be missing half of myself in a way that would be different if I lost any other friend.
'Love' is a many faceted emotion... there are all kinds of love.... you can have attraction without lust, love without lust... and lust without love. Human beings are complicated!

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Lykeios Little Raven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253633 by
Replied by on topic A Question about Love
I believe some people make a distinction between sexual attraction (those you are sexually attracted to) and romantic attraction (those who you 'fall in love' with). For example, a women may consider herself bisexual as she is sexually attracted to both males and females, but hetero-romantic, for she only 'falls in love', or whatever you want to call it, with males. As well, someone may identify as asexual, or having no sexual attraction at all, yet still fall in love, marry, and do all sorts of things with a partner.

I particularly liked the explanation of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXAoG8vAyzI

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253634 by
Yes. Gender and sexuality often cannot be assigned or confined to a single label. Human relationships in general, whether romantic, sexual or otherwise, are always rather complicated.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253635 by
Thank you, ladies, for clearing that up. Thanks for the confidence boost. B)

More
7 years 8 months ago #253636 by Carlos.Martinez3

Silas Mercury wrote: Ok. I was just wondering, and needed some answers. If sexuality and gender preference is based around and on attraction, does that mean that it is possible for a lesbian girl to fall in love with a straight guy ?? Can one love a straight guy minus sex and attraction ??

Can two different... way different.. hearts fall in love?
Happens all the time!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253638 by
Good :P

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #253646 by
Thanks for replies ..... fingers crossed now :whistle:

More
7 years 8 months ago #253657 by Carlos.Martinez3
I see well, here's to hoping! Good luck! And may the Living Force be with the on this new journey!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
7 years 8 months ago #253660 by Lykeios Little Raven
Interesting question. My ex girlfriend is lesbian and she loves me. I'd say it's absolutely possible for that to happen. Love is different from sex. I don't know if my ex is attracted to me...I know she was at one time. She was bisexual when we got together and has since decided she is actually lesbian. Ours is a complicated situation but I know that we love each other even after everything that has happened between us.

It's possible to love someone without sex or sexual attraction. Love is something that transcends sex. It does not require the act of sex to flourish. I know that I will never again have sex with my ex but I still love her and look forward to spending time with her. I don't know that these sorts of situations are common but I believe it is very possible for love to occur despite gender preference.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi