Corruption in the Democratic Party

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249414 by

Seriously, let's take a moment to pause and reflect, I echo what Senan said.

Senan wrote: I think now is a great time to stop and reflect on a few things that are core to our Doctrine here.

Emotion, yet Peace
Passion, yet Serenity
Where there is hatred, I shall bring love
Where there is despair, hope

Politics are inherently corrupt as they are a means to gaining power. All involved will be vulnerable to succumbing to their worst natures. Rather than fan the flames of political rhetoric, perhaps we should look for things that we can do in our own communities to make a real difference.

Let us approach politics with a balanced, calm, and non-emotional view. Jedi strive to not join in with, or add to, panic and or fear-mongering.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249418 by
I don't support either candidate and I don't care for politics, but that's what runs our country and, ultimately, our lives. Our communities need better quality leaders, I agree. But, as is often quoted, "Every nation gets the government it deserves."

More
7 years 8 months ago #249459 by TheDude
I don't think politics are inherently corrupt. Lots of good things have happened (like the New Deal) solely due to politicians. There are some out there who are legitimately trying to make our nation a better place. Whether you agree or disagree with their image of a better place is an individual issue.
I agree, let us engage with politics with clear minds. That starts with first recognizing that in order to make communities better, they need better leaders. Better people in charge making better laws. The politicians completely control how this country runs, it would be a mistake to deem voting any less necessary than personal action within the community. Help one person, that's a good thing. Elect someone who can help everyone in the country, that is much better, in my opinion.
A major part of politics is proceeding with integrity. We cannot elect people with little or no integrity. Our own fictional inspiration makes that absolutely clear in episode 3 when Palpatine becomes the emperor. The major consequences in this country are almost all associated with politics. If you're saying that's unimportant or less important than working within your community, Senan, I'd like to know why.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249464 by
My political philosophy is: the only way to change things is from the bottom.

We saw what happens when you try to bend the rules and change from the top (i.e. Bernie's rigged campaign).

I agree with the majority opinion here. Reflect on the code, work in your community, be the change you want to see.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #249480 by

TheDude wrote: If you're saying that's unimportant or less important than working within your community, Senan, I'd like to know why.

Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify my statement.

I believe voting is incredibly important and everyone should do it, especially when we have a candidate that we really believe we should support or a candidate we really feel will be harmful. I also believe in working from within the existing system to change it for the better, and some politicians have been able to achieve this.

As Jedi, I believe whatever we do needs to start with each and every one of us as individuals. If voting for a candidate will help your community, do it. If volunteering at the homeless shelter makes a difference, do that. If picking up trash in the park makes it a better place for kids, do that too. We can each do whatever we can as individuals, up to and including supporting the politicians that we believe will make the most positive impact in our communities.

What we should not do as Jedi is jump in the fray of mudslinging and negativity. We should not be using our Temple as a soapbox to push political agenda or to bitch about how broken everything is. We should be having rational discussions about how we as Jedi can work as individuals and as a community to effect positive change where we can. Let's focus our attention on training to become the people who can solve these problems ourselves in our own homes and communities first instead of relying on politicians who have taken our faith and trust in them for granted.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #249486 by Br. John
Here's a few articles I found either interesting, funny or compelling.

I’m A Lifelong Republican And I Don’t Trust Or Like Hillary Clinton. But I’m Voting For Her.

by Dave Spencer
Founder, Practically Republican

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-spencer/the-obvious-and-unlikeabl_b_11199654.html

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Follow Dave Spencer on Twitter: www.twitter.com/PracticallyGOP

It comes down to either Hillary Clinton or the The Short-Fingered Vulgarian also known as Donald Trump. Putin is surely backing Trump, whether or not Russia was behind DNC hack .

Attachment hc64310c.jpg not found

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Leah Starspectre

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi