Homosexuality.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242286 by
Homosexuality. was created by
My last question folks,

I've notice a uniformity of opinion that argues in favour of LBGT rights. I must ask ... Does an official Jedi or TOTJO position exist on this matter? ... if so, specifically point out the article or teaching.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242288 by
Replied by on topic Homosexuality.
From our front page:

Jedi Believe:
In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #242289 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Homosexuality.

academic_observer wrote: Does an official Jedi or TOTJO position exist on this matter?

I'm not sure an 'official Jedi or TOTJO position' exists on any matter :lol:

Though the Doctrine of this Temple does state that we believe:

In a society that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or circumstances of birth such as gender, ethnicity and national origin.

Hope that helps :)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Brick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
7 years 10 months ago #242290 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Homosexuality.

Snowy Aftermath wrote: From our front page:

Jedi Believe:

You beat me to it!

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
7 years 10 months ago #242292 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Homosexuality.
Another piece that was agreed upon across the community, from a document called "The Jedi Compass" -

Tolerance- You do not need to agree with someone's religion, their nationality, their career choice, their dress or anything else for that matter. Tolerance is not about agreement, it is about showing respect for the freedom of a persons choices and to respect their choices, until it reaches a point in which a reasonable person would consider the individual's actions as a/an (emotionally, spiritually, financially, and/or physically) abusive threat to you or another person.

You might not agree with people being homosexual, but it doesn't hurt anyone- and therefore if you don't agree with it, you must make the decision to let them be homosexual if that makes them happy (I've met Jedi that don't agree with homosexuality, but they have made the decision to not act on their disagreement with such).

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Brick,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi