White Privilege

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265086 by
Replied by on topic White Privilege

Yugen wrote: Okay, so let's say that white privilege is a thing. In some cases white people are chosen before others, just because of their skin.

If that is how it is, the ones we should be focusing on are the (biased) people who choose the white people over another skin color, not the people getting chosen (as in regards of 'feeling guilty'). Deal with racism at it's core

That's my view :')

This is a 100% correct view. The issue is that usually the people doing the picking are also white. They pick white people because they are also white.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #265090 by Yugen
Replied by Yugen on topic White Privilege
Yes, that's reasonable.

I don't quite seem to understand your point though, Goken, can you try to elaborate a bit further?

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Yugen.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265093 by
You know, even I'm not 100% sure what exactly I'm trying to get at. I guess I'm just saying that white privilege really is a thing. It is wrong to blame ALL white people for it, but we also have to remember that a majority of the people allowing white privilege to exist are white people. It just wouldn't make sense any other way, not that it really makes sense to begin with.

Ignoring the problem isn't going to make it better and shifting the blame isn't going to make it better. What we can do is acknowledge that it is real and try not to be part of the problem.

More
7 years 5 months ago #265095 by Yugen
I agree on the point that it is a topic not to be left untouched.

Sure, there are some places where there is more racial bias, but the problem isn't white people, and making it seem like it will only spark unnecessary segregation and "finger pointing". The problem is racism carried out by some individuals, not the "white" label.

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265099 by
That I 100% agree with.

Honestly, the only reason I replied to that first post was that it started with

Okay, so let's say that white privilege is a thing.

I needed to make it clear that it is, in fact, a thing and that you knew that.

More
7 years 5 months ago #265102 by Yugen
No need to educate me, i'm well informed on the subject

TOTJO Novice

IP Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 5 months ago #265104 by
I'm one quarter black (but white in skin tone) and at school I hung around with the black kids, in their culture, I was one of "the n*ggers". British Black Culture is not much different to American, though many youths are misinformed. For instance, the majority of black kids at my school would stand up and beat their chests at themere mention of Mandela or Dr. King; But I remind them, it was some tall ass Honkey, Lyndon B. Johnson who "freed your people" as they put it. Knife crime, sadly, is rife amongst black teens in the UK, I hear about maybe 10 a week locally. But here in Britain, it's black privilege. "You're just some moist white guy" is thrown around. You move out of the way of the black kids when you see them. Under a Conservative Government, whites are dismissed in schools as posh and self centered, whereas blacks have built up a level of respect and, in some ways, fear of them, so they have control of the playground.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi