Gave up Facebook and similar...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228531 by
I felt like I was spending too much time on Facebook, twitter and similar. I couldn't focus on 12 step recovery and my work here...not to mention my actual job.

So, I chose to delete all my "social media" accounts. I'm keeping a few forums for the sake of personal interest and spiritual work (such as here). But doing away with the others.

I miss it already...lol. But I will have more free time.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228546 by
Replied by on topic Gave up Facebook and similar...
I think it is not necessary to delete, but get things in balance. For example, if you eat 4.5 kg of chocolate, you die! Ie eat a little and be happy. Social media is the same thing, see one day and another and that's fine.

More
8 years 2 months ago #228552 by Squint
I think whatever makes you feel like you're making progress is good. That being said, I am of the same mind as MrBruno. I had thought about closing my Facebook account but it is also how I see pictures of my kids that my wife posts and how I share those with their grandparents. I definitely use it less that I used to and culled a large amount of superficial acquaintances from my friends list.

Journals: IP Apprentice
TM: Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228581 by

Squint wrote: I think whatever makes you feel like you're making progress is good. That being said, I am of the same mind as MrBruno. I had thought about closing my Facebook account but it is also how I see pictures of my kids that my wife posts and how I share those with their grandparents. I definitely use it less that I used to and culled a large amount of superficial acquaintances from my friends list.

My family and i communicate a lot through facebook haha but i forget to check it very often , so that is good i think :laugh:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #228591 by
I delete it every once in a while, just for a break

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi