Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 1 month ago #228447 by RyuJin
i read this article a few days ago....still a good read

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228469 by
Fascinating.

As someone who deals with serious anxiety issues, it all makes too much sense. Medications cost money. Marijuana can be grown at home. Though I've never tried it, it seems like it would be effective against anxiety. So instead of treating anxiety for free, I (or insurance) have to pay for it, feeding the medical companies.

It always comes down to money, doesn't it?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #228479 by
@Streen, maybe. And maybe the side effects of marijuana on purpose of anxiety treatment are just worse then that of modern medications.

Also, marijuana does not come for free even if you grow your own. You invest time in it and time costs money. It also needs fertilizers, space, climate control and illumination, which also cost money.

As for me, I am happy with modern medicines which I can get from web drugstore in 3 hours and for which I have sufficient research data and experience from a doctor.

I don't approve abuses of pharma companies and obvious stigmatization of marijuana usage, however.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 month ago #228481 by

Streen wrote: Fascinating.

As someone who deals with serious anxiety issues, it all makes too much sense. Medications cost money. Marijuana can be grown at home. Though I've never tried it, it seems like it would be effective against anxiety. So instead of treating anxiety for free, I (or insurance) have to pay for it, feeding the medical companies.

It always comes down to money, doesn't it?

Marijuana can also cause panic and axienty. When dealing with medical marijuana it's really only worth getting into if you have access to the variety of strains each with their own flavors, smells, and different combinations of cannabinoids that yield various effects. It's expensive if you buy it in a dispensary, from a friend or dealer, or if you grow it yourself.

More
8 years 1 month ago #228487 by Manu
First of all, I think the key here is that marihuana ought not to be criminalized, as JLSpinner said the penalty exceeds the crime.

That said, it is important to remember that as a pendulum swings towards one extreme (that of vilifying marihuana), there is a tendency to "swing back" towards another extreme (sanctifying marihuana), and nowadays you have a lot of people going into marihuana use under the guise of "medical wonder" with no regard to the potential risks.

A recent study (cannot remember where I read it) found that marihuana use can permanently change a structure in the brain that increases dopamine (the pleasure/happiness hormone) and thus we care less about what happens in the world. Just something to think about.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi