When is it enough?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #211864 by
Replied by on topic When is it enough?
What would be most helpful to you right now Kohadre? I don't mean what can you do to change your situation, I mean... What can I do that would help you in this moment?
I'm sorry you've gone through so much in your life and that you've not been able to get to a place where you can find peace. I won't pretend I can understand your personal struggle. :(
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #211933 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Re:RE: When is it enough?

magmon wrote: I'm stifling the response to be offended, but it is of note that it was my natural thought process. You're coming off as being dismissive and rude.

No one is trying to dismiss you or judge you. You may well be working hard enough. The true factor in life is how hard are you willing to give your all? There is no short road. No magical cure, no wonder-job.

If you find things are not applicable to you, then why immerse yourself in them? I am a proponent of each finding their own way, and while I believe this way is a good one for me, you have openly stated that you don't see it. There's nothing wrong with that, but it does beg the question "why do you remain here"?

If this is a depressive problem, I'd like to suggest you see a professional about it, as what we're saying here is either incompatible with your current state or not what you need. Either way, we are trying, and it seems you are not grateful for that. I am not stating that to be truth, simply pointing out my own perception, but it is a disheartening one to receive.

Your life is not harder than anyone else's. Just different. If you think you're worse off than the majority, you have a false perspective of how hard life is for everyone.

If you ever want to talk about it, vent, I'm here. I'd like to hope others would respond as well, though make no commitment for them. We can talk about life, if you'd like. I'll share too.

To be honest, I do think my life is harder than the majority of other people, because everywhere around me I look people seem to be doing a good deal better at things than I am. This may just be good acting, but I dont believe that is the case.

Is my life as hard as the Ethiopian child on tv? Of course not, compared to them I am very well off as you and others would imply. But I dont live in Ethiopia, there are different cultural, economic, and political standards.

I have lived in a constant state of depression for decades now, I've given up on "talk therapy" as I accomplish about just as much ranting on the internet as I do paying a dollar a minute to sit in a strangers office - which is to say nothing.

I am constantly struggling with my ideology and "what I believe". Some days it aligns with the TOTJO doctrine, and other days it does not. Its a constant fluxation of beliefs and because of that, most of what totjo builds its foundation on I end up in opposition to in one form or another. I enjoy the debates, which is why I returned after my hiatus; not because of a renewed determination to be "Jedi".

Its hard to find what your looking for if you cant even determine what you want to find.

I dont mean to come accross as dismissive or rude, but since vocal tone does not transfer through internet posts, its difficult to determine what "tone" the author of a post intended, and my responses reflect the tone I imagine it was written in.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Kohadre.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #211936 by
Replied by on topic Re:RE: When is it enough?

Kohadre wrote: Is my life as hard as the Ethiopian child on tv? Of course not, compared to them I am very well off as you and others would imply. But I dont live in Ethiopia, there are different cultural, economic, and political standards.

Is there any chance you could go walk-about with an organization like AmeriCorps? Go around the world, help others, and see first-hand what a cesspool it can be. This is a genuine recommendation. More than seeing it on television, the experience would allow you to internalize just how good we have it.

I would recommend having patience, and using this as a time of reflection. Opportunities or changes in scenery come along that no one can predict.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

More
8 years 4 months ago #212016 by Kohadre

McNulty wrote:

Kohadre wrote: Is my life as hard as the Ethiopian child on tv? Of course not, compared to them I am very well off as you and others would imply. But I dont live in Ethiopia, there are different cultural, economic, and political standards.

Is there any chance you could go walk-about with an organization like AmeriCorps? Go around the world, help others, and see first-hand what a cesspool it can be. This is a genuine recommendation. More than seeing it on television, the experience would allow you to internalize just how good we have it.

I would recommend having patience, and using this as a time of reflection. Opportunities or changes in scenery come along that no one can predict.

Its something I have wanted to do, yes. Unfortunately due to medical state however its not something I realistically see myself being able to do.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi