The Thing All Women Do That You Don’t Know About

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210865 by

Edan wrote:
... a great deal of behaviour is learned from parents. My friends who are teachers tell me that children who say racist things, for example, often have parents who don't understand what the problem is, and have expressed similar opinions to their children.

Often, women are strong inside, but they don't speak out because they know it makes no difference. We're brushed off, or made fun of, or told to 'stop being so sensitive' ...

... Some of my colleagues made a rape joke at work the other day, not to a woman funnily enough, and I had to shut it down because I don't know what experiences others in my office have had. A friend of mine was raped and she spoke of it to about to only two people because of shame, so jokes like that to her must cut deep.

I agree heartily with all you've said. I am also dismayed at this tale of the rape "joke"; it takes a mountain of emotional numbness to express such a thing. If it means anything (or even if it doesn't I suppose), I regret that you have to endure this kind of thing as a woman.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi