A Simple Question

More
8 years 5 months ago #210184 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic A Simple Question
Understand you are likely to get a different opinion for every individual who answers. I could tell you my version of it, people are likely to disagree somewhat. If you are sincerely interested in discovering the answer to your own questions, I highly recommend you search for those answers through intensive study and searching from within. Only by doing this will you ever be satisfied...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #210191 by
Replied by on topic A Simple Question

Colonial73 wrote: What is the Force?

I am new to the Temple, and starting the IP. That said, I came to the Temple to find illumination about the two things I have been thinking about relating to the universe as a thing itself, a real object exhibiting many refined forms. I am considering whether my idea of the Force (to use the popular term) is that the Force is the universe itself, or is an exhibit of the universe in a more complex form. I feel that it is the former, but I am inquiring and curious.

To understand my thought, I'll tell you what physics used to be concerned with; real objects, and objects are defined as that which have shape. Note that math, properly relegated to its role simply as a tool, has overtaken the beauty and science that physics used to be. Odd concepts are being proposed as real objects without any physical evidence at all. In a universe with the proper kind of scientific basis, following the scientific method particularly, I come to one single object that exists. That single object, real as we consider a rock real, has two essences: push and pull. Those two essences show me an object that is intertwined and taut. That single object's motion on itself creates the 'matter' we popularly label as matter (that rock again). As the object pushes and pulls on its own shape, the tighter the intertwined essences become, you start to find density in the form of subatomic, atomic, elements, molecular, macro, as well as organics.

I consider the Force as that single object, and nothing in this universe is not of that object. In such a scenario, there would be nothing but the Force. In this case, the Force is always (with) you.

However, what of consciousness? I tend towards a Mr. Julian Jaynes and his idea that consciousness (not as in just being awake) is a recent result in our history--a complex resonance of organics that exists only momentarily and intermittently. Can humans be not conscious at any time? Absolutely. I am still considering whether or not the Force might be that pervading complexity, uniform to all parts of the universe, not a consciousness itself separate from other things, but thee consciousness that we tune into with the transceiver that our brains are actually mechanically about.

I can even model the universe with two short, equal length stands of yarn. That is science as physics used to be before mathematicians took over. Math has its use, needed, but I am mindful that math itself is never a real object. To do science, you need an object. And you must define the object as that which has shape. There's no math needed to put that science on display, and we can then watch that object describe all the other physical observations we have already seen (evidence) and used to create the world we now live upon (practical application, like the Internet as well as plows and pens).
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 5 months ago #210295 by
In this temple the Force vision has many meanings of each sees this issue in a way, but for me, the Force is all that pervades the universe, every being, every existence, even inanimate beings. (I think we all have it as a point in common). If the Force is a deity, an energy, or else, the interpretations are numerous, for me the Force is all about, "One is all and all is one," I never tire of telling me, all represented gods and all existences in a single thing, the Force.
It is as if all there was a drop of rain and the Force is the great ocean, no matter how or when, but water always comes back to the ocean. That's what I believe.

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210388 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic A Simple Question

Correct.

Colonial73 wrote: So, what is the Force?

You were right the first time also.

:evil:
Sorry, in a funny mood today B)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210394 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic A Simple Question

What isn't the Force? :)

B.Div | OCP
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Ben.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210468 by

tzb wrote: Everything.

:)

Yep^

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210478 by
I was watching an old movie when I heard these words...

when the samurai asked what was the meaning of life, the teacher responded softly...

Open Your Eyes!

So it is with the Force...

What is the Force? Open our Eyes!
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #210612 by

The Little Zen Companion wrote: Again and again students ask, "What is Buddha?" The Masters' seemingly nonsensical responses have survived over the centuries, often as koans.

What is Buddha?

"Three pounds of flax." Tung-Shan
"Dried shitstick." Yun-men
"This very mind." Ma-Tsu
"Not mind, not Buddha." Ma-Tsu
"What is not the Buddha?" Nan-Yang Hut-Chung
"The cat is climbing up the post." Pa-Chiao Hui-Ch'ing
"I never knew him." Nan-Yang Hut-Chung
"Wait until there is one, for then I will tell you." Nan-Yang Hut-Chung
"A new bride rides a donkey, the mother-in-law leads it." Shou-Shan
"When you utter the name of Buddha, wash out your mouth." Zen Saying
"Look within, thou art Buddha." The Voice of Silence