Voting for a Jediism section on there.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210676 by

Connor L. wrote:

Jestor wrote: As I said in another thread, TOTJO will close, when something better comes...

I'm not positive that is true. I don't know why... I wrote out a big thing, then I thought it was stupid. haha. But, I don't think that's true.

I don't see TOTJO closing down, and I sure hope it doesn't. Every single community I was a member of that decided to migrate to Facebook or orkut or Telegram or Whatsapp or Chatzy, or any other kind of "non-forums" place, became a mess. Really. Forums are organized, the permissions are helpful to separate things, the threads are easier to follow, and the structure I found here at TOTJO is one of the main reasons I decided to join here.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #210680 by OB1Shinobi
totjo is appealing to me because the community is active and diverse and thoughtful

it doesnt take a week or a month to get a reply on a topic and the quality of feedback is usually very high

my life is pretty "lame" right now - i have a lot of studies to keep up with and not much of a social circle, so im online a lot and this is one of the places i check in regularly to get rewarding conversation

probably as long as that can be found here i will be around to some extent, and im guessing a lot of others feel that way too

personally, i want to hear what you have to say about life and living, and about how to be a "better" person and what that means

it makes no difference to me how long youve had a username - i respect putting in real effort and sticking with obligations and commitments, but i look to people as leaders based on the leadership that i see much more than any sort of assumed reverence based on their sign up date

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Edan

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
8 years 4 months ago #210694 by Jestor

Almeida wrote:

Connor L. wrote:

Jestor wrote: As I said in another thread, TOTJO will close, when something better comes...

I'm not positive that is true. I don't know why... I wrote out a big thing, then I thought it was stupid. haha. But, I don't think that's true.

I don't see TOTJO closing down, and I sure hope it doesn't. Every single community I was a member of that decided to migrate to Facebook or orkut or Telegram or Whatsapp or Chatzy, or any other kind of "non-forums" place, became a mess. Really. Forums are organized, the permissions are helpful to separate things, the threads are easier to follow, and the structure I found here at TOTJO is one of the main reasons I decided to join here.

Oh, it won't happen anytime soon, lol..

Our core group of regulars, and the up.and comers like yourself, will keep us active for a long time...

All I meant, was someday... "If it has begun, it will end."

:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #210699 by
Rather, then, I imagine it will morph.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi