Well done, feminism. Now men are afraid to help women at work

More
8 years 6 months ago #205219 by Br. John

ren wrote:

The most well-known case was of a Kansas boy who, at age 13, impregnated his 17-year-old baby-sitter.

Kid can't be trusted on his own at home.
Kid gets baby-sitter pregnant.

:pinch:

I found that case. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermesmann_v._Seyer

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #205221 by Adder
LoL, what a mess. Though I thought it was pretty normal for child support considerations to be primarily made in regards to what is best for the child - not what is best for one or the other parent.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205249 by

Adder wrote: LoL, what a mess. Though I thought it was pretty normal for child support considerations to be primarily made in regards to what is best for the child - not what is best for one or the other parent.

As a child of a lopsided divorce I can say that it is usually what is best for the mother regardless of what happens to the father or the child(ren).

More
8 years 6 months ago #205264 by rugadd
We not on opposite sides all the time. I am not married to my daughters mother but we have always been friends. We were an active family. I was present in the home almost everyday of the week for half the day. We had meals together, went shopping, and tried to support each other. When she got married and moved to Oregon I voluntarily agreed to child support because I wanted to help even if I couldn't be there. Now my daughter lives with me and the mother voluntarily ended the child support, something she didn't have to do.

I think things like this make it worse because so many people are willing to believe the worst in people. So easily divided, so easily distracted. We spend so much time thinking about what is wrong that becomes all we've trained ourselves to do.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: , OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 6 months ago #205301 by
Divorce is never clean. Someone always ends up getting hurt, no matter the civilities.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi