Mortose: Public Journal

More
08 Mar 2014 14:37 #140749 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Mortose: Public Journal
lol..

OK...

I didn't accuse you of anything, ;)...

I suggested, reread my words...;)

I was offering a suggestion you might be "clinging"...

And, I agree about Mortose having something to offer...

But, as I said, the "cons" started outweighing the "pros"....

And, he did more than "foster communication of tough subjects", lol...

Which, in the end, was the reason for his removal....;)

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios, Ve-Lo-Zi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Mar 2014 05:51 #140809 by Alethea Thompson
I can't believe I'm actually responding to this thread...

Lykeios- tell that to the people she actually hurt. Just because we are Jedi does not mean we have to put up with someone that abuses others. We need to foster a healthy environment for those which have test to fully stand up in their path. Off you want to accept her and help her- there is nothing to say you cannot do so outside these halls.

Though, I'll make myself clear- I for one will not help you find her. But in the event you become a victim I will assist you in recovering without judgement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Opie Macleod, Ve-Lo-Zi

More
09 Mar 2014 06:02 #140810 by The Old Doris
I'm an unlikely candidate for this but Morty can be found on Skype and she has her own web site.. I believe if you want to contact her though Lykeios you could send her a private massage from here....

More
10 Mar 2014 20:53 #140979 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: I can't believe I'm actually responding to this thread...

Lykeios- tell that to the people she actually hurt. Just because we are Jedi does not mean we have to put up with someone that abuses others. We need to foster a healthy environment for those which have test to fully stand up in their path. Off you want to accept her and help her- there is nothing to say you cannot do so outside these halls.

Though, I'll make myself clear- I for one will not help you find her. But in the event you become a victim I will assist you in recovering without judgement.

I was not trying to find Mortose. Also, this IS the internet we're talking about...people are assholes sometimes, everyone knows that. In any event, I'm not trying to hurt anyone by posting in this thread. If you personally don't want to see the thread anymore...I suggest staying away from it.

"I sae rantingly, an sae dauntingly, sae wantonly gaed he. He played a tune and he danced all aroond below the gallows tree."

"Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." -Zhuangzi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

More
11 Mar 2014 00:36 #140993 by Alethea Thompson
The fact of the matter is- I'm not responding for you, but to you because you know nothing of what you speak- and someone needs to set the record straight. And I look in this thread for those that may have been done an injustice by Mortose. Furthermore, not everything is about you. Only a paragraph was directed towards you, the third set was for unnamed personnel.

More
11 Mar 2014 15:27 #141051 by Lykeios
Replied by Lykeios on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: The fact of the matter is- I'm not responding for you, but to you because you know nothing of what you speak-

Well isn't that arrogant of you...professing to know what I know about these matters. How do you know that I "know nothing of what" I speak?

I've seen people get defensive and upset about things said online. I'm sorry, but I will not apologize for enjoying a little conflict and challenge. As far as I can tell, Mortose is under a stigma due to things he said and did on a completely unrelated forum some time ago.

In any event, he is banned from this site and, as far as I am aware, is perfectly fine with that being the situation. As am I. I just feel that a lot of people got all worked up because of a few nasty words being said on the internet...I've been bullied by Mortose and countless others online but I don't let it bother me. Words, after all, are only words.... He is mean-spirited and, I suppose, deserved his ban, perhaps I should not have downplayed his infractions in my post...but still, I'm only human. *shrug*

"I sae rantingly, an sae dauntingly, sae wantonly gaed he. He played a tune and he danced all aroond below the gallows tree."

"Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man." -Zhuangzi
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon

More
11 Mar 2014 21:31 #141078 by Opie Macleod

How do you know that I "know nothing of what" I speak?

Generally this is accomplished by your own admissions. For example - by stating that Mortose's transgression are solely online issues which are merely words on a screen highlights you are in fact ignorant of other happenings in regards to said individual. This is not a knock or insult. Simply it shows that you are lacking in all the information.

Thus is it not arrogance, but simply an observation. You don't know everything involved. That shouldn't be such a shock. I mean it is not like the TotJO is known as a ban-happy site. They do so with good and clear reason. Members here are well versed in the pros and cons of online conflict. Especially the Council members who have seen a variety of such over the years.

You are indeed only human. As we all are. We are not all knowing. We are all ignorant because of this. Certainly there are things you do not know and do not need to know. If you needed to know them or if Mortose or anyone else felt it necessary or desired to keep you in the loop, you would be informed of these things. *shrugs*

As I said before (in another thread). There is a difference between being dark and being broken. Just as there is a difference between stirring things up and enjoying conflict and causing serious harm to human lives. The assumption you have made that people's issue is merely to do with online words is why some believe you "know nothing." Is it accurate? *shrugs* Not for me to say, but certainly you do not know everything.

But it is all a small matter. Pointless really. The issue has been dealt with, for good reasoning. Time to let this post go and move forward.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Zenchi, Ve-Lo-Zi

More
11 Mar 2014 21:47 - 11 Mar 2014 21:48 #141079 by Alexandre Orion
Something that has always amazed me :

Internet is a communications tool, not so very different from a newspaper or a television, interactive like a telephone or telegraph, just much more rapid and more versatile. Why would it be treated any differently ?

Is there a lot of mis-information ? Sure. There is a lot of mis-information printed in books over the centuries.

Why would it be that just because it is words over the internet does that make them somehow less than communication ? Internet is not simply virtual people. And, Adam -- if words over the internet are of such little importance, then it is as useless to look up anything you may want to know about on Google, to order a book (or anything else on Amazon) or to file taxes or check one's bank balance on-line.

Internet is not synonymous with "entertainment". :dry:

"Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme."
~ Henri Bergson
Last edit: 11 Mar 2014 21:48 by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, steamboat28, Opie Macleod, Zenchi

More
11 Mar 2014 22:17 #141080 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Why would it be treated any differently ?

Because it combines mass media, interactivity and anonymity.

Watch "the game show" by derren brown.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
11 Mar 2014 22:21 #141082 by The Old Doris
If Morty has been banned why are peeps still waffling on as if she were still here.. She most certainly has left an impression lol x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Moderators: KobosBrick