Mortose: Public Journal

More
19 Feb 2014 11:42 - 19 Feb 2014 11:57 #139003 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: There is no shame in admitting defeat1, Jestor. Some you just can't save. And that goes for anyone here that feels they lost a battle in reaching Mortose (or want other person in their life for that matter.

At some point you recognize that your focuses are not where they need to be, and you need to cut your losses to actually get back to your life and students that actually care to learn.

I'm not ashamed, just sad...

Oh well...

I wasn't defeated, lol, I tried...

True defeat is in not trying, lol...

I hope I reach the next person before this is necessary...

But thank you...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 11:57 by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Reliah, bard, Naya, user15542

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Feb 2014 11:50 #139004 by user15542
Replied by user15542 on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Jestor wrote: I wasn't defeated, lol, I tried...

Thank you for trying, and for making this great point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Archon

More
19 Feb 2014 14:34 #139024 by Rick D
Replied by Rick D on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Jestor wrote: Then complete the IP...

This is a Jedi site, and a place of learning and exchange...

You have contributed very little, and seem to have little plans to do so...

You offer very little, and right now, the "cons" column for keeping you here, outweighs the "pros"...

You aren't here to help others learn, so, now im goingto.help you log off...

For good, limit reached...;)

To say that Mortrose contributed little to this place, I think is in error. I know that I have learned quite a bit from her.

The majority of the people who claim to follow the "dark side" or "Sith" are mostly just confused people who enjoy being part of the anti-establishment crowd. They want to be different, and crave the attention they get for being different. They want to play evil, but true darkness scares the hell out of them.

Mortrose, on the other hand, is pure evil in it's truest sense. This is beneficial to us because it is truly rare to find someone so completely lost to the dark side, and not just playing Star Wars. To know that there are real people out there, who use the force in such a negative way, should be a wake up call to all who claim to be real Jedi. For a short time, we got to see into the mind of someone who is truly a threat to our way of thinking, even if it was a scratch on the surface of that mind.

I think, that if she was to continue with her public commentary, then we would eventually see enough into her to truly understand what has driven her to be this way. She talked about exacting a price from those that wanted something from her, but I also think that this forum exacted it's own price on her, by peeling away the layers of darkness to allow us to see into her core.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ve-Lo-Zi

More
19 Feb 2014 15:11 #139030 by Vagabond
Replied by Vagabond on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Jestor wrote:

Alethea Thompson wrote: There is no shame in admitting defeat1, Jestor. Some you just can't save. And that goes for anyone here that feels they lost a battle in reaching Mortose (or want other person in their life for that matter.

At some point you recognize that your focuses are not where they need to be, and you need to cut your losses to actually get back to your life and students that actually care to learn.

I'm not ashamed, just sad...

Oh well...

I wasn't defeated, lol, I tried...

But thank you...

"Try not! Do or do not. There is no try".

More
19 Feb 2014 15:25 #139031 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Anyone who knows him will know he will be back under one or the other name.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
19 Feb 2014 15:39 #139033 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
"Try not! Do or do not. There is no try".

Sure there is, sometimes it takes several, several times before something is successfully learned, or accomplished. We often do, by trying...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor

More
19 Feb 2014 15:41 #139034 by Zephyrus
Replied by Zephyrus on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Two different meanings of "try". An attempt at success is different from an attempt at action.

The Black Wizard ~ Rainbow Chaos Magick ~ Thelemite
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor, V-Tog

More
19 Feb 2014 15:44 - 19 Feb 2014 15:48 #139035 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
"To say that Mortrose contributed little to this place, I think is in error. I know that I have learned quite a bit from her.

The majority of the people who claim to follow the "dark side" or "Sith" are mostly just confused people who enjoy being part of the anti-establishment crowd. They want to be different, and crave the attention they get for being different. They want to play evil, but true darkness scares the hell out of them.

Mortrose, on the other hand, is pure evil in it's truest sense. This is beneficial to us because it is truly rare to find someone so completely lost to the dark side, and not just playing Star Wars. To know that there are real people out there, who use the force in such a negative way, should be a wake up call to all who claim to be real Jedi. For a short time, we got to see into the mind of someone who is truly a threat to our way of thinking, even if it was a scratch on the surface of that mind."

Please, lets stop the Pure evil shtick. She was deluded, focused, but deluded. The reason shebwas here from the get go was. pretty obvious. All it was was words for the most part. You want evil, look at the Holocaust, and even that was the result of ignorance. Evil Like Good does not exist outside our personal moralistic interpretations of what "should" be.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 15:48 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon, Jestor, Alexandre Orion, Naya

More
19 Feb 2014 15:52 - 19 Feb 2014 15:56 #139036 by Alexandre Orion

Vagabond wrote: "Try not! Do or do not. There is no try".

We would be very careful of mis-interpreting this quote, which is not Maître Yoda, but Maître Krishnamurti :

From "Freedom from the Known", J. Krishnamurti, pp. 44-45 :

<< But can you see the face of violence clearly - the face of violence not only outside you but inside you, which means that you are totally free from violence because you have not admitted ideology through which to get rid of it? This requires very deep meditation not just a verbal agreement or disagreement.

You have now read a series of statements but have you really understood? Your conditioned mind, your way of life, the whole structure of the society in which you live, prevent you from looking at a fact and being entirely free from it immediately. You say, `I will think about it; I will consider whether it is possible to be free from violence or not. I will try to be free.' That is one of the most dreadful statements you can make, `I will try'. There is no trying, no doing your best. Either you do it or you don't do it. You are admitting time while the house is burning. The house is burning as a result of the violence throughout the world and in yourself and you say, `Let me think about it. Which ideology is best to put out the fire?' When the house is on fire, do you argue about the colour of the hair of the man who brings the water ? >>

N.B. : the bold-type is mine

As it were, this cannot be reasoned by some favourite ideology. Neither by subscribing to 'dark' or 'light', nor any traditional 'righteous' or 'honourable' path can one fight the violence which we are all bound, neither sooner nor later, but 'NOW' to accept. This comes as even more ironic when situations like this arise and we have to do some clean-up ; 'trying' therefore becomes applicable in both its senses ...

:P

"Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme."
~ Henri Bergson
Last edit: 19 Feb 2014 15:56 by Alexandre Orion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Naya

More
21 Feb 2014 00:01 #139162 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Mortose: Public Journal
What did she do?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Moderators: KobosBrick