Mortose: Public Journal

More
29 Jan 2014 22:27 - 29 Jan 2014 22:29 #135608 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Ve-Lo-Zi : How do you qualify a perspective as invalid?

rugadd
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 22:29 by rugadd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2014 17:25 - 30 Jan 2014 17:25 #135706 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Indifference: This Might be Offensive
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

-
Last edit: 30 Jan 2014 17:25 by Mortose.

More
30 Jan 2014 21:01 #135722 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I think the question that intrigues me more is, why share with us that you dont care?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ve-Lo-Zi

More
30 Jan 2014 21:01 - 30 Jan 2014 21:19 #135723 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Mortose wrote: I have no respect for the plagiarized work known as "The Satanic Bible" and Aquino turns my stomach...

While I am not necessarily a particular fan of Anton LaVey I think it's very disrespectful of you to talk about pioneers of the LHP like that, seen that you yourself consider yourself a follower of the Dark Side.

Doctrinal matters aside, LaVey was one of the first to really challenge the first amendment of religious freedom to the limits by founding the Church of Satan (which was basically one of the first "above ground" LHP organisations). As such I see him at least as someone how fought for tolerance and freedom of worship. Maybe you want to consider the following quote from LaVey in an interview done in the 1990s: "To those who put me done and claim I am a fraud and not "dark" enough, I simply want to state that the main reason why they can go out and openly proclaim their "dark" ideas and viewpoints today is because I threw open the door in 1966 by going public with the Church [of Satan]".

As for Michael Aquino, not only is he a highly educated man who holds an academic degree, but his Temple of Set is also one of the largest international LHP groups in existence today. And it's been around since almost 40 years now, while other - more "extreme" groups and individuals - have long since faded away into obscurity. Why does Aquino "turn your stomach" anyway? From your posts, it appears to me that you are more or less against everything and everyone else......

Your last post about the baby dying was nothing more than cyinical. I do agree with you that such things do indeed "happen all the time" but the death of a child is certainly nothing to be "amused about". Maybe you should try pursuing a line of thought which will lead to a bit more constructive spirituality instead of just talking about destruction, darkness and death all the time. Why do you seem to think you are so much more superior to those whom you refer to as the "cluster of human beings"?
Last edit: 30 Jan 2014 21:19 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

More
30 Jan 2014 21:08 #135725 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

rugadd wrote: Ve-Lo-Zi : How do you qualify a perspective as invalid?

I could elaborate a lot on this, but aside from my moral and spiritual values (as expressed for example in the commandments of Jesus and in the Jedi Code), I would view anything that leads to a better world in the wider sense (e.g. benefits people materially or spiritually without infringing on the rights of others) as a "valid" perspective.

While I would not dare to claim that ANY perspective is totally "invalid" (perspective always being per definition a subjective and individual thing), I do believe that certain perspectives and worldviews invaldidate themselves by promoting oppression, destruction and death. Thus, such perspectives are to be avoided in my opinion because they do not lead to spiritual growth but only empower the own lower Ego.

More
31 Jan 2014 00:31 #135742 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Ve: Do you believe destruction, oppression and death are not valid pursuits?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
31 Jan 2014 01:42 - 31 Jan 2014 01:45 #135748 by Mortose

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: While I am not necessarily a particular fan of Anton LaVey I think it's very disrespectful of you to talk about pioneers of the LHP like that, seen that you yourself consider yourself a follower of the Dark Side.

I am an adherant of the Dark, and I have not defined my path as being "Left Hand" since I left Satanism. As "disrespectful" as you find my remarks regarding LaVey, does it surprise you that I do not care what you find disrespectful? I will also be a pioneer, though it will not be of a whitewashed path like that of LaVey's Atheists in Halloween drag!

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: Doctrinal matters aside, LaVey was one of the first to really challenge the first amendment of religious freedom to the limits by founding the Church of Satan (which was basically one of the first "above ground" LHP organisations). As such I see him at least as someone how fought for tolerance and freedom of worship. Maybe you want to consider the following quote from LaVey in an interview done in the 1990s: "To those who put me done and claim I am a fraud and not "dark" enough, I simply want to state that the main reason why they can go out and openly proclaim their "dark" ideas and viewpoints today is because I threw open the door in 1966 by going public with the Church [of Satan]".

Spare me the bovine droppings... All that circus chimp LaVey did was make Satanism something palatable to the age... and he became famous and made money on it! Why else do you think the bafoon did it?! Not that this is "wrong", just a fact I am bringing to your attention. Tell me, what has come out of the now public "Left Hand Path" community? What leaps and bounds have been made? So far, all I see are a bunch of indecisive philosophers so obsessed over their self-help version of "darkness", it is a wonder they are not excreting rainbows from their anus and urinating unicorns!

LaVey did me no favor and if he had not opened the "door", someone else would have... and if not? Then I would be in the shadows and that would have served me fine. After all, there was a "dark community" before LaVey and had he not founded his ridiculous "religion", those with enough desire would find those of similar interest in the underground.

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: As for Michael Aquino, not only is he a highly educated man who holds an academic degree, but his Temple of Set is also one of the largest international LHP groups in existence today. And it's been around since almost 40 years now, while other - more "extreme" groups and individuals - have long since faded away into obscurity. Why does Aquino "turn your stomach" anyway? From your posts, it appears to me that you are more or less against everything and everyone else......

I was one going to join ToS but then after plenty of reading, I saw it for the joke it was... and if there is an underground in either CoS or ToS, they are good at hiding! I will not waste my time in what would be more unpleasant to find the heart of than a Masonic Lodge!

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: Your last post about the baby dying was nothing more than cyinical. I do agree with you that such things do indeed "happen all the time" but the death of a child is certainly nothing to be "amused about". Maybe you should try pursuing a line of thought which will lead to a bit more constructive spirituality instead of just talking about destruction, darkness and death all the time. Why do you seem to think you are so much more superior to those whom you refer to as the "cluster of human beings"?

Why should I pursue what will not gain me what I aspire towards? As for superiority... Do you really think I believe in equality!?

-
Last edit: 31 Jan 2014 01:45 by Mortose.

More
31 Jan 2014 01:47 #135749 by Mortose

Brenna wrote: I think the question that intrigues me more is, why share with us that you dont care?

It is my journal and I am sharing nothing more than what I write for myself, inviting commentary, criticism and insults because it might just help me grow.

-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brenna

More
31 Jan 2014 07:54 #135781 by elizabeth
Replied by elizabeth on topic Mortose: Public Journal
mortose wrote
This is monstrous of me, right? That I simply do not care... or perhaps even find the whole thing slightly amusing? I mean, look at society... The cluster of human beings which call themselves "civilized". The more I think about it, the more I want to laugh... yet it is just not moving enough to laugh. No one noticed a baby in a car for that many days... and such "cares givers"? It is pathetic but slightly amusing.

Not monstrous, and if you didn't care why talk about it? Why give it a second thought?
Whether you admit it to yourself or not this has touched your life. What you learn from it is up to you but what comes across is not apathy but anger towards the care givers?
You try so hard to maintain this image you seem to have of yourself as hard and dark, this world won't touch you and yet whenever I read your journal I have an image of someone in pain beating there fists against a box of their own making.

I never loose.

TM Karn

More
31 Jan 2014 11:52 #135799 by Mareeka
Replied by Mareeka on topic Mortose: Public Journal
mostly . . i just care that you take care of yourself . . i trust that you have a fine mind and are capable of doing so . .i am grateful we met in google

Moderators: KobosBrick