Mortose: Public Journal

More
26 Jan 2014 17:29 #134889 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal
In its' Many Shades

For years now I have fought with people over what is and what is not "dark", and it has caused me to come off as rather the fundamentalist and know it all. Many ask me repetitively, "why do you care what others believe or do?" "Why?" Indeed. In part, I am moved by contempt; I assume quickly that they are doing it wrong and that I could do better.

For example, last night I situated myself in a chat space where a pity party was being held for a man who did nothing but whine about how bad his life has been, how he was bullied... how he wanted to kill himself and was taking this medication and that.

The display positively sickened me and I could not... no, I would not stop myself from telling him suicide was not wrong, just illegal and he could go make his own choice; he did not need a cluster of Jedi sympathizing with him. Later as the whining continued, I told one of the Jedi to provide him the gun, tell him to stick it in his mouth and pull the trigger... then called the loathsome creature a pitiful attention seeking maggot.

Apparently what I did was "wrong" in the eyes of those Jedi, though really I could have be said so much worse. Anyways, after I left the chat I felt energized... I felt great! It was as if I was for that time a vampire and I had just fed to excess. I felt euphoric... In a state of pure ecstasy... and besides that my contempt for the attention seeking fool in chat and the Jedi reaching out to him surged for a while after.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


Would sitting at a keyboard philosophizing about selfishness and how darkness is a path of individuality bring about a similar connection? NO! Maybe that is arrogant of me to state but I can assure that it is fact. Would using the above philosophies to get a promotion at work or... "finish a chicken coop" bring one closer to the dark? Again... NO!

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]


So, just what is darkness? It is an impersonal force that destroys all it touches in one way or another... It is like pure acid... Poison. It is the counter to what many call "The Force"; that energy that permeates every living thing, binds the molecules of life together... That "force" some claim is self aware... "The All", you know, that thing. The dark force I have named "Negation" is the inverse... the mirror image of the "cosmic light" or "The Force"... and as much as it is empowering, even offering physical strength and endurance... Flesh can only withstand it for a finite time... and soul? I just do not know.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 18:03 - 29 Jan 2014 18:05 #135533 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Values In The Dark


The Dark has no values, these are human things. These are systems built by minds influenced and cemented into existence by emotion. These are limitations grafted into each of our beings throughout our material lives. Honor… Dishonor… Cowardice. None of these are looked on as either positive or negative by the impersonal force that is darkness.

I tint how darkness is expressed through me, this I am certain of. It was not until I was daring enough to ask the Dark how I could become it… How I could cease to be “me” in order to be its’ embodiment. Perhaps this seems a destructive, foolish… Even a spiritually suicidal thing to aspire towards. Yet why? Why would it be viewed this way? The self is only a construct. The soul is only born of layers and layers of experience through so many lifetimes. Why is either placed on a pedestal where it becomes sacred and untouchable? Self and soul are in a state of constant change as it is, so why would any transformation be different?

Is it something undesirable to strive towards? I see it as a great transformation! I see it as the apex of development… The final metamorphosis that has cumulated from and brought an end to incarnation itself. It would be ridiculous to assume “I” would be like I am at such a climax. For that matter, is what I seek here any different than what the purest of the light seek? They also aspire to be the vehicles in which the spark of being they call “The Force” and some call “God”… The embodiment which will bring about its’ will without error… Perfect beings.

They desire to be part of a creative and binding force… and I seek to unite with a destructive and separating force. Why am I considered so wrong? Why do those who claim to walk in the dark see my aspirations as foolish, insane or weak?

It is my firm conviction that in order to know the thing I call Negation (The Core of Darkness/The Dark Eye), I must become it… and to do this, I must obliterate every moral and value I might have. Perhaps then I can understand if the dark is truly impersonal or simply beyond my current understanding of what makes something “aware” and what gives it “character”. I know by removing these value systems, my awareness will be impersonal enough to think and know on a level less filtered by personal lenses.

Does it hate? Can it “feel” on some level? Why does what I consider negative emotion feed its’ hunger? How can it “feel” when emotion is chemical? Is there emotion in ethereal forms… or in this case, formless existence?

I am certain that once I reach that stage, there will be another. However, it is a step closer and that is all that matters. As for the “price”, what does it matter? Even if it meant absolute oblivion, not a single deviation from my course would be taken. The chance at that moment of perfect understanding… To absolutely know that force… That makes this all worth while! Not to mention the journey! … and then, what could success mean? To be so powerful? To have come that far? Again, any “price” is worth even a percentage of that.

-
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 18:05 by Mortose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 18:25 #135541 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I don't agree with your views because I believe that darkness as you define it - being a destructive force - will bring only more destruction and suffering. I will not deny that following a path of darkness as you describe it can bring individual empowerment, however I think the price paid for this power is too high.

After all, hate for example is one of the most potent emotions known to man. Just look at the Holocaust for example and you can see that. Nazi Germany was arguably at the peak of its power one of the most powerful and strongest social systems ever created by man. But, while it almost succeeded in dominating the entire world, it's power was based on hate and that ultimately lead to its own downfall and the suffering of many. In a "Star Wars" context, the same could be said of Palpatine and his Galactic Empire.

The same holds true for individuals, for those your refer to as "Dark Masters". The dark path (or the Left Hand Path as it is called in traditional occultism) is in my opinion an egoistic path because it gains its power by manipulating, dominating or destroying others instead of sacrificing personal gain for the common good of all.

As a sidenote, your writings somehow reminded me of the "Satanic Bible" by Anton Szandor LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan. He also preached indulgence and personal gratification as main doctrines and goals. By the way, your concept of darkness as anti-matter is correct and is explored in greater detail in the writings of Michael A. Aquino (one of LaVey's former disciples). When matter and anti-matter collide, only one of them can survive. This will probably happen eventually. From a Christian religious perspective, this would be to me the great battle of the Harmagedon predicted in the Apocalypse of Saint John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortose, Zenchi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 20:11 #135565 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: The dark path (or the Left Hand Path as it is called in traditional occultism) is in my opinion an egoistic path because it gains its power by manipulating, dominating or destroying others instead of sacrificing personal gain for the common good of all.


What you are attempting to describe Ve-lo-zi is the worst of what the Left Hand Path has to offer, and it's a "glass is half empty" perspective. I know many individuals who pratice the left hand path, are very courteous, and live by a strong sense of Honor. Yes, the left hand path centers around the self being of most importance, its perfectly rational. Even a Jedi cannot help or assist others if he/she does not take care of their own needs first.

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, rugadd, Ve-Lo-Zi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 20:38 - 29 Jan 2014 20:40 #135569 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Zenchi wrote: What you are attempting to describe Ve-lo-zi is the worst of what the Left Hand Path has to offer, and it's a "glass is half empty" perspective. I know many individuals who pratice the left hand path, are very courteous, and live by a strong sense of Honor. Yes, the left hand path centers around the self being of most importance, its perfectly rational. Even a Jedi cannot help or assist others if he/she does not take care of their own needs first.


I am aware of that Zenchi. However, the main point of the Right Hand Path (as which I would also view Jediism) is to align yourself with Cosmic Consciousness, The Force, the Will of God or whatever you wish to call it. The goal of the LHP on the other hand (as defined by many LHP Adepts) is to achieve a high state of Isolate Consciousness which implies that the "I" comes before the "We". Moreover, Mortose speaks of "destruction", "Negation" and of the dark "having no values".

I accept that there is more than one LHP. For example, I know a few members from The Temple of Set (founded by Michael Aquino) which is a LHP organisation dedicated to the "Prince of Darkness" but has very high ethical Standards.

What Mortose writes is to me however much more reminiscent of a hard and cold approach to the Left Hand Path. It's the same kind of egoism promoted by some extreme LHP groups which I will not name here because I don't want to encourage anyone reading this to investigate them.

I am not opposed to self-improvement, just to egoism. The self is important but there are many great figures in history which have sacrificed their lives or well being for their fellow men and have put the preservation of self aside.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 20:40 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 20:58 - 29 Jan 2014 20:58 #135574 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: I don't agree with your views because I believe that darkness as you define it - being a destructive force - will bring only more destruction and suffering. I will not deny that following a path of darkness as you describe it can bring individual empowerment, however I think the price paid for this power is too high.


Too high for you.

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: After all, hate for example is one of the most potent emotions known to man. Just look at the Holocaust for example and you can see that. Nazi Germany was arguably at the peak of its power one of the most powerful and strongest social systems ever created by man. But, while it almost succeeded in dominating the entire world, it's power was based on hate and that ultimately lead to its own downfall and the suffering of many. In a "Star Wars" context, the same could be said of Palpatine and his Galactic Empire.



Actually, it was Hitler's love for Germany and what he viewed as the perfect being that spawned the event you speak of. Hatred for the Jews was a result, as to him they had been profiting from Germany's misfortune. The Jews were his scapegoat. Hitler simply loved Germany enough to hate.

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: same holds true for individuals, for those your refer to as "Dark Masters". The dark path (or the Left Hand Path as it is called in traditional occultism) is in my opinion an egoistic path because it gains its power by manipulating, dominating or destroying others instead of sacrificing personal gain for the common good of all.

As a sidenote, your writings somehow reminded me of the "Satanic Bible" by Anton Szandor LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan. He also preached indulgence and personal gratification as main doctrines and goals. By the way, your concept of darkness as anti-matter is correct and is explored in greater detail in the writings of Michael A. Aquino (one of LaVey's former disciples). When matter and anti-matter collide, only one of them can survive. This will probably happen eventually. From a Christian religious perspective, this would be to me the great battle of the Harmagedon predicted in the Apocalypse of Saint John.


Interesting. I have no respect for the plagiarized work known as "The Satanic Bible" and Aquino turns my stomach... Ford is no better.

-
Last edit: 29 Jan 2014 20:58 by Mortose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 21:04 #135577 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: What Mortose writes is to me however much more reminiscent of a hard and cold approach to the Left Hand Path. It's the same kind of egoism promoted by some extreme LHP groups which I will not name here because I don't want to encourage anyone reading this to investigate them.


You encourage ignorance then? You do not desire members of this forum to investigate? Why? Could it be... Fear?

-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 21:36 #135589 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Anyone who's interested in the topic will find the things and groups I'm talking about anyway, the same as I found them myself when I was researching the "Dark Side". It has nothing to do with "ignorance". It just goes against my moral values to advertise and promote certain things. There are young people on this forum too and I consider some of these LHP groups (or their ideas) dangerous.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Kohadre

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 21:44 #135593 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: Anyone who's interested in the topic will find the things and groups I'm talking about anyway, the same as I found them myself when I was researching the "Dark Side". It has nothing to do with "ignorance". It just goes against my moral values to advertise and promote certain things. There are young people on this forum too and I consider some of these LHP groups (or their ideas) dangerous.


No idea is dangerous. It is the suppression and control of free thought which is the true danger. While I agree that there is content which may be inappropriate for members of the forums belonging to certain age groups, I think that it is important for people to consider all ideas and viewpoints, as to close oneself off from them is to limit ones mind and hide from the potential that you may not hold stock in the things you claim to believe in.

I can also respect that such ideas and thoughts may go against your personal moral code, and can respect your decision not to post information regarding those topics of your own accord.

Remember the doctrine; embody the code.
Live the creed; embrace the 16 teachings.
Honor your vows.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ve-Lo-Zi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2014 21:51 #135598 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Kohadra wrote:
No idea is dangerous. It is the suppression and control of free thought which is the true danger. While I agree that there is content which may be inappropriate for members of the forums belonging to certain age groups, I think that it is important for people to consider all ideas and viewpoints, as to close oneself off from them is to limit ones mind and hide from the potential that you may not hold stock in the things you claim to believe in.


I agree with you that one should seek his own viewpoint and understanding of everything. However - while ideas aren't in themselves dangerous - they can be dangerous when they are misunderstood by people who either lack the age or (spiritual) maturity to interpret them and put them into perspective.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: KobosBrick