Mortose: Public Journal

• benedictveritas
04 Feb 2014 15:53 #136362 by benedictveritas
Replied by benedictveritas on topic Mortose: Public Journal
and what is a warrior of light

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
04 Feb 2014 15:57 #136366 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

benedictveritas wrote: and what is a warrior of light

I just defined it above. Basically, I understand "Jedi" and "Warrior of Light" as two interchangeable terms. They maintain balance by taking a stand against an expansure of darkness in our world.

• benedictveritas
04 Feb 2014 16:07 #136367 by benedictveritas
how do they take a stand what action do they take

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
04 Feb 2014 16:27 - 04 Feb 2014 16:34 #136368 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Once Apathy, My Apprentice and Ponderings

Last night my ex apprentice made progress with her now two Masters. Like the Jedi said, it is like a game of good cop bad cop... and I am the spectator now. It turns out this girl was fearful and angry at love, among other things; a typical reason many join the dark side.

My Apprentice on the other hand just wrote an obscure post on the site, one I am trying to wrap my mind around enough to understand his mental state at the time. Was this channeling? Was it something else? I am going to ask him soon here!

Lastly, I had been pondering about something last night... Could light be explained in the word "fulfillment"? As in, in being light one is fulfilled by simply being? They need no fancy clothing, no fancy possessions; only the basics as they are constantly surrounded by the majesty of creation? They eat only what they need, as the "Force" is their sustenance? They exist in complete unity with all that is, linked to the sentience of totality?

... and darkness on the other hand is hunger. Hunger for more, ambition... desire! Hunger to be better, look better, wear things assumed better than others. Competition, rivalry! Never being satisfied, hunger... Passion... simply endless hunger for more... More success, more power, more fame... more pleasure! Obsession! Paranoia, fear what is gained might be ripped away!

I will consider this more, write on it more and explore it further.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 16:34 by Mortose.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
04 Feb 2014 16:27 #136369 by Ve-Lo-Zi
It depends on the circumstances.... On a spiritual level they might seek a connection with the Light Side of the Force and align themselves with it, using either rituals or meditation.

On a material, more "grounded" level, it basically involves acting in a loving, caring, unselfish way towards your fellow man as much as possible and whenever the opportunity presents itself. The magnitude of action possible is somewhat determined by the domain you are active in. Obviously, a high ranking politican or a Bishop of a large congregation will be able to support the Light in this material world more effectively because he has more power to make decisions and thus instigate changes.

But every single one of us can and should contribute because basically it is about bringing a consciousness shift. A good exercise is to try and focus on the positive aspects of every person or situation you encounter.

• benedictveritas
04 Feb 2014 16:30 - 04 Feb 2014 16:32 #136371 by benedictveritas
ve that isnt a warrior ...and to put such a definition to a warrior disgraces them ...that is a pacifist
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 16:32 by benedictveritas.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
04 Feb 2014 16:31 - 04 Feb 2014 16:38 #136372 by Ve-Lo-Zi

Mortose wrote: Lastly, I had been pondering about something last night... Could light be explained in the word "fulfillment"? As in, in being light one is fulfilled by simply being? They need no fancy clothing, no fancy possessions; only the basics as they are constantly surrounded by the majesty of creation? They eat only what they need, as the "Force" is their sustenance? They exist in complete unity with all that is, linked to the sentience of totality?

I would tend to agree almost fully with this definition. This is basically considered as the highest goal in most RHP systems, achieving "Union with the Deity/the Light".
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 16:38 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
04 Feb 2014 16:36 #136373 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

benedictveritas wrote: ve that isnt a warrior ...and to put such a definition to a warrior disgraces them ...that is a pacifist

I presume in reference to my definition of light, a light warrior would be someone fulfilled but who defends the helpless when it is necessary; a Jedi like those in the fiction.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
04 Feb 2014 16:37 #136375 by Ve-Lo-Zi

benedictveritas wrote: vi that isnt a warrior ...and to put such a definition to a warrior disgraces them ...that is a pacifist

You are wrong, this is at first glance a pacifist view, yes, but it is a pacifist willing to fight the Dark Side if it is necessary. But the first goal should be to fight darkness with light, cruelness with kindness, war with peace. Only if all of this fails can other means be justified. I believe this is also strongly emphasised in the Jedi teachings when Obi-Wan says at some point: "Violence (be it in words or deeds) is always the last option". Or as Paulo Coelho puts it once: "A true warrior will always try to avoid the fight, not out of cowardice, but out of compassion". I think that needs more strength and inner self-discipline than just charging into conflict.

• benedictveritas
04 Feb 2014 16:40 - 04 Feb 2014 16:43 #136376 by benedictveritas
oh pick your fights carefully ...but there is nothing peaceful about war...and obi wan wasnt real
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 16:43 by benedictveritas.

Moderators: KobosBrick