Mortose: Public Journal

More
03 Feb 2014 18:42 #136267 by Wescli Wardest

Khaos wrote:

How can a group band together to accomplish a task greater than any one member if conflict is sewn into the doctrine? I’ve never understood that

Martial arts have managed it for quite some time.

So has the military.

I know you are just trying to make a point…

The conflict I am referring to is between members, internally. I’m not sure what military everyone else went to but where I was we love our brothers in arms and will give our lives to protect the one standing next to us. It is that resolve and brotherhood that made our unit what it was… unstoppable.

It was not our hate of our enemies that drove us on when the world was against us but our love for each other, our homes, families and way of life. To preserver in the harshest of conditions in faraway lands does not come from hate or conflict. Those things are present and it is our compassion and convictions which drive us on.

Monastic Order of Knights

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2014 18:45 #136268 by Wescli Wardest
@ Zenchi...

I understand what you're saying, but I really like to think we are more than animals trained to do a singular thing. I believe you are more than that. As I believe that about Kaos, Mortose, Alethea... everyone.

And I believe that is why we are here. Not to continue fighting our own image in a mirror but to grow beyond that point and discover a new, deeper purpose. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights

More
03 Feb 2014 19:24 #136271 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Wescli Wardest wrote: @ Zenchi...

I understand what you're saying...

No, you don't...lol B)

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Desolous
03 Feb 2014 19:41 #136273 by Desolous
Replied by Desolous on topic Mortose: Public Journal
i just wanted to jump in here and make sure i had a post in this thread. carry on.

• benedictveritas
03 Feb 2014 19:44 #136274 by benedictveritas
Replied by benedictveritas on topic Mortose: Public Journal
there are certain parts of darkness that you cannot defeat by being light ...there are instances where fire must be fought with fire

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
04 Feb 2014 00:53 - 04 Feb 2014 00:57 #136311 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Tending An Ex Apprentice
Paraphrased

Last night... The laugh riot. The evening spent listening to a girl who only knows how to lay down and take it. First, she spoke of how she was bullied in her youth, how knives were pulled on her and of her numerous enemies. When she was asked what she did about it, she made an excuse. "I had no weapon, I was too small... they were so much more powerful and bulky than me."

One man in the discussion asked if she had pencils, as these could be used as weapons into eyes and throats. Again, the girl made an excuse. We then asked her about her life in the present, what she was going to do to become stronger; the same cowardly answers.

"I hate homework!" She gasped, yet her dream is to become a nuclear physicist. Everyone in the conference laughed, shocked at her ideas. For over an hour, we all listened to her whine about how she was tough, how she deserved and would earn back her apprenticeship. I had no faith in this pitiful child, none present did. Not even her new Master could spark enough enthusiasm to see a future at that moment beyond humiliation for the girl.

She tried to swear at me, as I was discussing why my current apprentice still has my respect; he does not lay down and obey my every command... I am not god to him. Yet this girl! She did not get it! The power was inside her to be someone she seemed to desperately want, yet she distracts herself by playing dolly with the dark side.

"I want to be free of reincarnation!" She expressed. We laughed; I sighed and found my anger once again perked. "That is because I told you about that!", I vented. She did not get it! This foolish child has no idea what she truly wants, nor a means to obtain it when she does. If she would search within, she would see her wants are of the light and her passion is companionship.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 00:57 by Mortose.

• Lenao
04 Feb 2014 11:02 #136334 by Lenao
Replied by Lenao on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I followed this thread quite for a long time now, and I thought I would share some of my opinions.
I know that I can no way explain it in such an eloquent way as most of you do here, but I try my best.
Mortrose, you asked how one can define what 'evil' is.

Here my 'attempt' to explain it.
Everyone knows for sure this symbol:

I will try to explain it upon Yin and Yang.
First you have those two 'things' chasing each other at the same time as being 'glued together' by something that the Chinese call Qi (you can replace it by Force, God, whatever you want it changes nothing).
They are opposites of the same whole thing as well as the entity of the same whole thing. One of them is the 'evil' and one the 'good' (which colour you like to chose for them is completely up to you). You only know the 'evil' because at the same time you have the reference of the 'good' and vice versa.

BUT if you look closer you will sea that there is a spot of white in the black one and other way around. So even if you are 'evil' you carry a little spot of 'good' with you around as well as someone 'good' has a 'evil' spot. It is only by these little spots that you can define yourself what you are, but at the same time you cannot, because how can you define something precisely when it is a mixture of two things you would like to define separately? You only would be able to define 'good' and 'evil' when you have it in the pure form, but if you would ever experience it in the pure form how can you compare it to the other? You would not know if you are the 'evil' one ore the 'good' one!!!

So I don't consider you 'evil', because you apparently have this 'good' spot in you, from which all your actions and reactions are coordinated as well as I think I have a 'evil' spot that does the same for me and therefore I'm not 'good' as well.

I hope that even with my language barrier I was able to explain it a little bit and that no one got confused ;-)

More
04 Feb 2014 14:30 #136351 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Mortose: Public Journal

benedictveritas wrote: there are certain parts of darkness that you cannot defeat by being light ...there are instances where fire must be fought with fire

And you are correct, for where you are...;)

I too was there, and then I moved past...

When you realize there is only energy, or absence of energy, then you will understand...:)

If I give in to fire, by being fire, then I have lost...

IM not perfect, and could I do that? Could I take the burn without reacting?

Some pain, yes, other, not so much...

But I am working on it...;)

I hope to be able to achieve that someday, but I regardless, I am working on it....

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: elizabeth, Zenchi

• benedictveritas
04 Feb 2014 15:35 #136358 by benedictveritas
Replied by benedictveritas on topic Mortose: Public Journal
youd be right if i was talking about just energy but im not ......im talking about real instances with real consequenses on real people sitting around philosiphising may make us feel good but it does nothing to change any of the problems

• Ve-Lo-Zi
04 Feb 2014 15:37 - 04 Feb 2014 15:38 #136360 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
Thank you for this deep analysis of the Yin/Yang- symbology, Lenao. Reading it reminded me of an alternative Gnostic version of the biblical Book of Genesis, which reads thus (translated freely from German): "And God spoke: 'There shall be light' and there was light. But with the first ray of light also appeared the first shadow of darkness in the world".

I would say, that in this manifest creation, duality is necessary. Thus, light and darkness have to co-exist at least as long as this Matter-Energy-Space-Time universe continues to exist. However, it is necessary that the delicate balance of light and darkness be maintained and darkness be kept within its boundaries. Where darkness to expand too much the result would be that the shadows would engulf the light and all of creation would ultimately fall into chaos.

If I look at the world today, I have the impression that it is turning more and more towards the "Dark Side" as egoism and individualism (in the negative sense of "Might is right") continue to increase at an alarming level - just look at the global political and economic developments in the last decade.

Therefore, I think it is very important that there are Warriors of Light (a term coined by Paulo Coelho) or Jedi in the world today, so that they can counter this expansure of darkness on a material and spiritual level, thus acting as guardians and maintaining the balance of the Force.
Last edit: 04 Feb 2014 15:38 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

Moderators: KobosBrick