Mortose: Public Journal

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
03 Feb 2014 17:33 - 03 Feb 2014 17:39 #136250 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: What is NSoD? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation....

SEE SPOILER FOR LINK ... 18+
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:39 by Mortose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
03 Feb 2014 17:40 #136254 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
If I read your definition of the dark path on that site, I have to say it doesn't seem so new or original to me. More like a mixture between Nietzsche, Crowley, LaVey and Social Darwinism :)

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 17:42 #136255 by Mortose

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: If I read your definition of the dark path on that site, I have to say it doesn't seem so new or original to me. More like a mixture between Nietzsche, Crowley, LaVey and Social Darwinism :)

NSoD is an experiment, as I stated.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
03 Feb 2014 17:44 - 03 Feb 2014 17:45 #136257 by Ve-Lo-Zi
And what purpose should this experiment achieve which wasn't already done before? Didn't Aleister Crowley try just the same kind of experiment with his Thelema Abbey in Cefalu? Where's the unique value of your path/experiment? I'm asking this because you claimed you want to build a new ideology.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:45 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 17:46 - 03 Feb 2014 17:48 #136258 by Mortose

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: And what purpose should this experiment achieve which wasn't already done before? Didn't Aleister Crowley try just the same kind of experiment with his Thelema Abbey in Cefalu? Where's the unique value of your path/experiment?

That is my concern, not yours. If you would like to make it your concern, request permissions for the group and contribute
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:48 by Mortose.

More
03 Feb 2014 17:51 #136259 by Wescli Wardest

To clarify, there are many types of Sith but all seek power; it is what unites them in their hated for one another.

Do they really hate each other? I always figured they saw each other as competition and that lead to dysfunctional relationships between certain people.

How can a group band together to accomplish a task greater than any one member if conflict is sewn into the doctrine? I’ve never understood that. :unsure:

As for the Sith being modern Satanist… I’m sure that follows true for some. But I would not know. The only Sith I have ever known are pretty good people. Their philosophies differ a little from mine, but that does not make them “bad.” :P

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ve-Lo-Zi

• Ve-Lo-Zi
03 Feb 2014 17:54 #136260 by Ve-Lo-Zi

Mortose wrote: That is my concern, not yours. If you would like to make it your concern, request permissions for the group and contribute

No, thank you. I respect your path but it definitely isn't mine. While I acknowledge that darkness exists within and without us and that it should be confronted without fear, I am certainly not interested in embracing it. I prefer to try and bring light to the people around me, however small that light may be due to my (spiritual and personal) limitations.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 17:56 - 03 Feb 2014 17:59 #136261 by Mortose

Wescli Wardest wrote: Do they really hate each other? I always figured they saw each other as competition and that lead to dysfunctional relationships between certain people.

How can a group band together to accomplish a task greater than any one member if conflict is sewn into the doctrine? I’ve never understood that. :unsure:

As for the Sith being modern Satanist… I’m sure that follows true for some. But I would not know. The only Sith I have ever known are pretty good people. Their philosophies differ a little from mine, but that does not make them “bad.” :P

Yes, they often hate each other in the fiction... Any "brotherhood" they held was overwhelmed by their lust for power.

... and I have only met two Satanists who were what some might consider "evil", and one was my Master. As for the countless others? They were nothing but kind, respectful and typical. Then there were those who were rude, ignorant, arrogant and moronic.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:59 by Mortose.

More
03 Feb 2014 18:10 #136263 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Mortose: Public Journal

How can a group band together to accomplish a task greater than any one member if conflict is sewn into the doctrine? I’ve never understood that

Martial arts have managed it for quite some time.

So has the military.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortose

More
03 Feb 2014 18:32 #136265 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Wescli Wardest wrote:

To clarify, there are many types of Sith but all seek power; it is what unites them in their hated for one another.

Do they really hate each other? I always figured they saw each other as competition and that lead to dysfunctional relationships between certain people.

Take a pit bull that's been raised to fight, now place it in front of a mirror, what's it do?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mortose

Moderators: KobosBrick