Mortose: Public Journal

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
03 Feb 2014 06:22 - 03 Feb 2014 06:25 #136189 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: Second, actually sex is something that has been the subject of discussion on Order of the Sith quite a few times over the last couple of years (at least). The Sith look at sex as a means of taking control of one's life on a number of levels. By appeasing their sexual appetite, they also satisfy a basic need that needs just as much attention as anywhere else in their life.

I am not Sith. How are they or their discussions and practices relevant?

Alethea Thompson wrote: Where the dark can make a case for sex to be used to enhance one's ability to do energy work

The dark? You mean the mangled up society of philosophers who go on about "individualism", claiming it is dark? Do you mean those same fools who mark "darkness" in someone as being selfishness? I do not call any of those psudo-sith as "dark" and they certainly do not represent my idea of Darkness.

As for sex, using the energy from such expression is neither dark or light, though it can carry tints of either. The only reason Aliester Crowley's "sex magick" was considered "evil/dark/wicked" was because it was about sex acts and the age looked on such things with immediate distaste..

Alethea Thompson wrote: Mortose, I define evil as anything which maliciously attacks society. A terrorist's actions may not be evil in and of itself, but the person behind the scenes that manipulates an innocent to commit terroristic acts simply because they want to see someone burn is evil. Someone that spreads lies (not referring to anyone in particular- and I'm being serious about that) out of malicious intent is committing an act of evil. Of course, just because an act may not be considered evil, by my provided personal definition, it does not mean that it may not be wrong in nature. Those actions (both evil and socially wrong) should be treated with punishment that suits the crime, so as to deter it in the future.

Unfortunately, what is socially wrong in one place, may not be in another place, and these things need to be sorted out by the people which dominate the society as the society evolves. Sometimes it is your place to impose, other times it is not.

I refuse to make this philosophical, so I will simply play Sith and state an absolute.

There is no such thing as evil or good, right or wrong. It is all personal.

Alethea Thompson wrote: As to how it has anything to do with one another, darkness and evil- it is in the eye of the beholder. Darkness may have nothing to do with evil, or it may have everything to do with evil- though most find it a mixture of both extremes. Evil is a child in the darkness family. Killing someone out of sport is considered both evil and allowing darkness to consume you. They are one and the same. When you become a vessel for the darkness to fulfill you, the desires of the world have no real impact on you, only your own selfish desires. And thus another goal of the dark can be fulfilled through the use of you as an individual. Sometimes it benefits the world, other times it becomes a detriment.

I am not getting how any of this matters to or affects me...
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 06:25 by Mortose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• benedictveritas
03 Feb 2014 06:25 #136190 by benedictveritas
Replied by benedictveritas on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I HAVE A CAPTAINS HAT I MUST BE A GOD!!!! that is all

• The Old Doris
03 Feb 2014 06:58 #136192 by The Old Doris
Replied by The Old Doris on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I've been to sleep and this conversation is Still buzzing.. Well nothing a challenge to bring out feelings in people..

More
03 Feb 2014 09:03 #136198 by Alethea Thompson
Mortose, not everything I said was directed at you. Where I directed something at you, I made sure you were named before I started talking with you directly. Furthermore, you asked me a question, at that point it wasn't about you, but about my prospective. If you want things to be directly related to you, then ask a question so that it is related specifically to you, rather than asking for someone's prospective on a matter. It'll keep down the confusion.

As you ask what I refer to when I say "dark", I'm not just talking about people in the Force Realist Community. Not everyone sees it as being individual. I have a friend who is a follower of Hecate, and she has used sex magick to enhance a binding on someone, and has even explored the possibility of using it for curses in the event she ever finds a need for it. So no, when I refer to the dark, it is not always Dark Aspect, it covers a wide array of people I know that practice what is considered darker arts.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 14:32 #136221 by Mortose

Alethea Thompson wrote: Mortose, not everything I said was directed at you. Where I directed something at you, I made sure you were named before I started talking with you directly. Furthermore, you asked me a question, at that point it wasn't about you, but about my prospective. If you want things to be directly related to you, then ask a question so that it is related specifically to you, rather than asking for someone's prospective on a matter. It'll keep down the confusion.

As you ask what I refer to when I say "dark", I'm not just talking about people in the Force Realist Community. Not everyone sees it as being individual. I have a friend who is a follower of Hecate, and she has used sex magick to enhance a binding on someone, and has even explored the possibility of using it for curses in the event she ever finds a need for it. So no, when I refer to the dark, it is not always Dark Aspect, it covers a wide array of people I know that practice what is considered darker arts.

I see... and yes, I am aware of these practices.

• Vagabond
03 Feb 2014 14:46 #136222 by Vagabond
Replied by Vagabond on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: First, I did specify maternal paganistic groups, not those which have a heavier look at paternal or attempt to find the balance of both genders. Paganism refers to any religion which is not Abrahamic. ;)

Second, actually sex is something that has been the subject of discussion on Order of the Sith quite a few times over the last couple of years (at least). The Sith look at sex as a means of taking control of one's life on a number of levels. By appeasing their sexual appetite, they also satisfy a basic need that needs just as much attention as anywhere else in their life.

On a couple of boards, the Jedi have toyed around with the subject of sex as it pertains to energy work. Where the dark can make a case for sex to be used to enhance one's ability to do energy work, the other side has considered the possibility that giving into sexual (to include masterbation) desires can detract from one's ability to perform energy work effectively. A number of eastern energy systems state that a male should not engage in sexual activity before doing energy work, because it takes away from vital energy. But in the case of Tantra, sexual energy can be used to enhance a spell. In some energy work practices, sexual engagement builds a stronger connection to your root chakra, which is considered important to establishing a connection to the earth energies around you.

The subject is something to consider when considering your connection to "the Force". Does a strong connection include uniting your body, spirit and mind? Or does it simply require you to unite your spirit with intent?

This is also why the subject is important in Christianity and Paganism. Does it detract from your ability to commune with God? Or in a Maternal paganistic society, does the lack of it detract from connecting with the Goddess? And then how does this effect your day-to-day dealings with the divine? That isn't to say go out and be with everything that moves. But that it does hold a very sacred place within most religious orders.

Just some thoughts for you to consider, Vagabond. :)

So because some Sith and Jedi realize they are sexual creatures, it pertains to there practices? Because sex and sexuality is not included in either practice both feel the need to take from pagan, eastern, and other to try and fill a void when they could not just...leave it in the bedroom? I fail to see how a supreme act of passion and intimacy has any bearing on the duties of a Jedi or the pursuits of a Sith. In my experience, the life force of a being is different from the Force...do you not feel the same, Alethea Thompson?

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 17:11 - 03 Feb 2014 17:15 #136246 by Mortose
Such Sith

Until I see different, Sith will always be fictional beings in the Star Wars Universe. Mongrels like those who have attempted to drag this ideology out of its pages, the "Knights", "Masters" and "Lords" of "Sithism/Sith Realism" are to me just children playing philosophical dress up.

Perhaps you the readers call these fools as "pioneers", though what exactly have they founded? "Sithism" is just Modern Satanism under another label, humanism in some ways and it is all liberally spiced with the philosophies of Friedrich Nietzsche and some of it wrapped in layers of eclectic paganism and numerous other paths.

Not that LaVey really was a "pioneer", mind you. He was more of an opportunist who repackaged several philosophies into what amounts to a congregation of Atheists in Halloween drag.

Is the dark/left hand path/sinister community lacking in such ways, that now the creations of George Lucas must be flung forth into reality and contorted into something else just to satiate the desires of a few disgruntled adults?

Curiously, I do not have the same level of contempt for those who call themselves Jedi or Jediism. Maybe this is simply because I am not part of its community, like I am of the dark? That seems to make more sense, as I am sure some of those walking a different path to my own might have similar contempt for Jediism.

Regardless, back to "Sithism". What is a Sith? Now be aware, I speak of fictional Sith here and I include desirable as well as undesirable traits, though I doubt I have covered them all. I also have not included "selfish", as everyone is selfish.

A Sith is arrogant, quick tempered, deceptive, ignorant, short sighted, cunning, power hungry, patient, wise, intelligent, sadistic, violent, treacherous, heartless, passionate, obsessive, neurotic, narcissistic, sociopathic, psychopathic, schizophrenic, bipolar, deluded, paranoid, agonized, animalistic, barbarian, hateful, impatient.

To clarify, there are many types of Sith but all seek power; it is what unites them in their hated for one another. A Sith may start out wise but as power consumes, wisdom becomes ruled by impatience and paranoia. Likewise with patience or qualities I have not mentioned. These transform into swords pointed at the self, the Sith undone by his own devices. This is the fate of any Sith, to destroy themselves by some means and the tragedy of giving everything for power and getting it.

If ever could such a path as "Sithism" be manifested into the flesh, Jedi would have real life villains with a wide assortment of what society terms as "mental illnesses"... and those are just the successful ones.

Lastly, even though I am on a path that ends in destruction, I will never call myself Sith. Rather, I will found a new word for the ideology I am designing. Furthermore, my path is not the only one in what I plan to manifest, it is simply the most central.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:15 by Mortose.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
03 Feb 2014 17:20 - 03 Feb 2014 17:20 #136247 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Mortose wrote: I am not Sith. How are they or their discussions and practices relevant?

I admit this question only serves to satisfy my curiosity but: What exactly are you then? Further up, you distanced yourself from Satanism and the LHP (at least in the "mainstream" versions such as LaVey or Aquino) and now you state you are not a Sith. Yet, at the same time you state that you have an apprentice and somewhere I also read you belong to an "order" (not sure if you said that yourself or if someone else said it). So how would you define your path (other than saying it is "darkness")? Which organisational structure would you associate your path with, if any?

I refuse to make this philosophical, so I will simply play Sith and state an absolute.

There is no such thing as evil or good, right or wrong. It is all personal.

I strongly disagree. This is just moral relativism and sounds to me like a false interpretation of Crowley's "Do what thou wilt" - doctrine.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:20 by Ve-Lo-Zi.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 17:27 - 03 Feb 2014 17:30 #136248 by Mortose

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: I admit this question only serves to satisfy my curiosity but: What exactly are you then? Further up, you distanced yourself from Satanism and the LHP (at least in the "mainstream" versions such as LaVey or Aquino) and now you state you are not a Sith. Yet, at the same time you state that you have an apprentice and somewhere I also read you belong to an "order" (not sure if you said that yourself or if someone else said it). So how would you define your path (other than saying it is "darkness")? Which organisational structure would you associate your path with, if any?

I walk my own path and at this time it does not have a label beyond "dark". In time, I will found an ideology and order. NSoD (The "Order" Alethea brought up) does not count, as it is an experiment.

Ve-Lo-Zi wrote: I strongly disagree. This is just moral relativism and sounds to me like a false interpretation of Crowley's "Do what thou wilt" - doctrine.

Disagree all you desire, it changes nothing.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 17:30 by Mortose.

• Ve-Lo-Zi
03 Feb 2014 17:31 #136249 by Ve-Lo-Zi
Replied by Ve-Lo-Zi on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Mortose wrote: I walk my own path and at this time it does not have a label beyond "dark". In time, I will found an ideology and order. NSoD does not count, as it is an experiment.

What is NSoD? I'm not familiar with that abbreviation....

Moderators: KobosBrick