Mortose: Public Journal

More
02 Feb 2014 23:50 #136149 by elizabeth
Replied by elizabeth on topic Mortose: Public Journal
I never assumed mortose was either

I own my life
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2014 00:00 - 03 Feb 2014 00:01 #136153 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Mortose: Public Journal
What I find disturbing is that it all reads like Mortose Is being referred to as an "it", instead of a human being. Like in a school, the bullies will pic apart someone they don't understand, and when they seek to understand, its only done as a way of finding a crack in the armor so they plan their next move....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 00:01 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest, elizabeth

• Mortose
  • Mortose's Avatar Topic Author
03 Feb 2014 01:12 #136161 by Mortose
Replied by Mortose on topic Mortose: Public Journal

Alethea Thompson wrote: My bringing it up is that there was an automatic assumption that Mortose is a male. It is also why I specified PHYSICALLY rather than it being Mortose's gender. And actually, the fact that Mortose may identify with a gender which is not Mortose's physical attributes can go a long way in addressing Mortose in future endeavors.

I brought it to light so that Mortose can clarify which one Mortose feels would be appropriate. It makes for an interesting conversation piece though. And in fact, lends a great deal of understanding in to the psyche of a person which claims the dark. I find it quite fascinating that there is only one person in the community which is both Jedi and has a detachment from their physical identity. Interestingly enough, everyone else I know with such a detachment aligns themselves with the dark or the shadow. Mortose is no different.

I would be highly interested to hear what role your gender plays in the grand scheme of darkness, how you deal with being trapped in a woman's body.

My gender plays no role at all. Why would it?

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 01:18 #136163 by Mortose

The Old Doris wrote: So you admit you played this game to draw Master Jester in.. When truly you knew the remark meant nothing...

These Doris, are your thoughts. They are not mine.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 01:24 - 03 Feb 2014 01:27 #136165 by Mortose

The Old Doris wrote: Dear Elizabeth I'm sorry you believe that, Mortose and I are Sith.. I was simply responding how Sith engage with each other, without emotion but matter of fact.. There was no emotional intent. I can assure you. I can that the sith way is not welcome here.. My apologies Elizabeth

Thank you for telling everyone here what you think I am. Even at Sith Academy, I have never claimed to be Sith. Even when the two "Lords" as they called themselves claimed me a "Darth", I never called myself Sith... and even when I deceived Force Academy into believing Draconis was my "Master", I never claimed to be Sith.

So, Doris... For your ignorance I applaud and sincerely thank you! I have never and will never call myself some idiotic title from the fictional universe of George Lucas! No offense to the Jedi.
Last edit: 03 Feb 2014 01:27 by Mortose.

More
03 Feb 2014 03:22 #136176 by Alethea Thompson
Have you ever noticed, Mortose, that a man may percieve evil differently than a woman?

The church is considered paternal, and as such much of the things that a man sees as being a distraction becomes the center of sins- sex with multiple partners is a sin, sex with the same gender is a sin, gluttony is a sin, sloth is a sin, etc etc. each of these distract from a man building strength for battle and have been translated into society.

But as it pertains to paganistic (maternal) systems, these things are not considered issues, aside from envy. Sex is actually something used as a form of healing to the woman. As someone whom is physically one gender, but spiritually another, you have a prospective on the things that have been deemed "evil" by both genders because you can experience both worlds simultaneously, and not have a care in the world for what society pressures you into.

• Mortose
03 Feb 2014 03:38 #136177 by Mortose

Alethea Thompson wrote: Have you ever noticed, Mortose, that a man may percieve evil differently than a woman?

The church is considered paternal, and as such much of the things that a man sees as being a distraction becomes the center of sins- sex with multiple partners is a sin, sex with the same gender is a sin, gluttony is a sin, sloth is a sin, etc etc. each of these distract from a man building strength for battle and have been translated into society.

But as it pertains to paganistic (maternal) systems, these things are not considered issues, aside from envy. Sex is actually something used as a form of healing to the woman. As someone whom is physically one gender, but spiritually another, you have a prospective on the things that have been deemed "evil" by both genders because you can experience both worlds simultaneously, and not have a care in the world for what society pressures you into.

What does evil have to do with the dark... and can you define evil?

• Vagabond
03 Feb 2014 03:39 #136178 by Vagabond
Replied by Vagabond on topic Mortose: Public Journal
What does sex have to do with darkness? How does sex apply to Jedi, or Sith, rather than Christianity or your misconception of paganism?

• benedictveritas
03 Feb 2014 03:52 #136179 by benedictveritas
Replied by benedictveritas on topic Mortose: Public Journal
POTATOES!!!!!that is all

More
03 Feb 2014 05:37 #136185 by Alethea Thompson
First, I did specify maternal paganistic groups, not those which have a heavier look at paternal or attempt to find the balance of both genders. Paganism refers to any religion which is not Abrahamic. ;)

Second, actually sex is something that has been the subject of discussion on Order of the Sith quite a few times over the last couple of years (at least). The Sith look at sex as a means of taking control of one's life on a number of levels. By appeasing their sexual appetite, they also satisfy a basic need that needs just as much attention as anywhere else in their life.

On a couple of boards, the Jedi have toyed around with the subject of sex as it pertains to energy work. Where the dark can make a case for sex to be used to enhance one's ability to do energy work, the other side has considered the possibility that giving into sexual (to include masterbation) desires can detract from one's ability to perform energy work effectively. A number of eastern energy systems state that a male should not engage in sexual activity before doing energy work, because it takes away from vital energy. But in the case of Tantra, sexual energy can be used to enhance a spell. In some energy work practices, sexual engagement builds a stronger connection to your root chakra, which is considered important to establishing a connection to the earth energies around you.

The subject is something to consider when considering your connection to "the Force". Does a strong connection include uniting your body, spirit and mind? Or does it simply require you to unite your spirit with intent?

This is also why the subject is important in Christianity and Paganism. Does it detract from your ability to commune with God? Or in a Maternal paganistic society, does the lack of it detract from connecting with the Goddess? And then how does this effect your day-to-day dealings with the divine? That isn't to say go out and be with everything that moves. But that it does hold a very sacred place within most religious orders.

Just some thoughts for you to consider, Vagabond. :)

Mortose, I define evil as anything which maliciously attacks society. A terrorist's actions may not be evil in and of itself, but the person behind the scenes that manipulates an innocent to commit terroristic acts simply because they want to see someone burn is evil. Someone that spreads lies (not referring to anyone in particular- and I'm being serious about that) out of malicious intent is committing an act of evil. Of course, just because an act may not be considered evil, by my provided personal definition, it does not mean that it may not be wrong in nature. Those actions (both evil and socially wrong) should be treated with punishment that suits the crime, so as to deter it in the future.

Unfortunately, what is socially wrong in one place, may not be in another place, and these things need to be sorted out by the people which dominate the society as the society evolves. Sometimes it is your place to impose, other times it is not.

As to how it has anything to do with one another, darkness and evil- it is in the eye of the beholder. Darkness may have nothing to do with evil, or it may have everything to do with evil- though most find it a mixture of both extremes. Evil is a child in the darkness family. Killing someone out of sport is considered both evil and allowing darkness to consume you. They are one and the same. When you become a vessel for the darkness to fulfill you, the desires of the world have no real impact on you, only your own selfish desires. And thus another goal of the dark can be fulfilled through the use of you as an individual. Sometimes it benefits the world, other times it becomes a detriment.

Even the light has it's downsides. Too many people pouring out their hearts to others can create a heavy reliance on those pouring out their hearts, rather than actually helping the people move forward. This creates stagnation for the individual or group that is being helped, and thus turns into a terrible conundrum. The light is not without it's faults, and the dark not without it's perks. Understanding how to best utilize the abilities obtained through studying the light/darkness is the only way that anyone can ever find a way to push forward into the future for either their own goals or the goals of their "master".

Moderators: KobosBrick