Actual in practual

More
6 years 4 months ago #306189 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ok so practual isn't a word but it rhymes !

Which do you actually on a daily basis use? Which have you tried that didn't work? Any one game ? Go!!

Game on!!!!!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306190 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Actual in practual
Some times a home color works for me , if I'm stressed I remember and return to my home color ... ti I'm calm and ... home ed so to speak.
The color I get when I wake up and have coffe and read in the morning before the family gets up is often my home color . It changes from time to time , season to season but I keep that in my meditation landsacape. I often return to it or match match it . I've met people with similar color feelings and said hey your orange looks great today , the few I've identified I have become very connected and very close to , works for me !

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306212 by
Replied by on topic Actual in practual
I do a couple of things throughout the day:

Morning: I do a quick five-line mantra meditation. It's really just long enough to set my mind on who I want to be in my life at the start of my day.
Afternoon: I do either shinkantaza (silent seated meditation) or mantra meditation as the last part of my workout.
Before bed: I try to do some energy meditation.

Throughout the day, I will also do short bursts of mantra meditation or just quiet mindfulness when there is a quiet moment or when I need a quiet moment, regardless of what's going on around me.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306214 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Actual in practual
Actual practice for me on a daily basis really varies and I really don't have a set schedule of what exactly I do. Throughout the day I just sort of gauge my centeredness and really go from there. Some days I feel the need to do more compassion meditation, especially here recently in lieu of the recent victims that I have been working with. But typically I love doing moving meditation. I take some time out each day to slow myself down and perform a walking meditation for the better part of an hour or so. I don't even necessarily have to be in a park. I just kind of slow my pace down and appreciate the office and the company around me.

That and the body scan at night. Ah, there is no better way to fall asleep than to picture that purple glow of "energy" around my body as I work my way up from my toes to my head. Typically I don't even get to my knees before I conk out. :P

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago #306215 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Actual in practual
And I just have to say, Carlos, You pump me up! When I read your posts, I feel that motivation just shouting at me. Happy Friday, my man!

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 4 months ago #306217 by Carlos.Martinez3
Body scan? Can u elaborate ?
And thanks for the encouraging words ! You pump me up takes me to the days of my Morning PT calling cadence as we run! Seek happy days for happy nights ! Force keep you as we both seek it !'
Do you let the color refurbish you ? Does it tweak anything ? Just wondering .

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 4 months ago #306218 by Carlos.Martinez3
Kasumi
A mantra ? Which or how many? Do u have difrent ones for difrent things? All the same ? Where did I learn them ? What do they do for you ? Energy meditation?
I have a galaxy in the palm I do for energy regulation and form my self and use that one to redirect un balances . Anything similar ?

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306219 by
I can't say everyday. But at least 5 days a week I find time to meditate, workout, and train with my saber. These acts bring me to center and help me restore my focus.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306221 by

A mantra ? Which or how many? Do u have difrent ones for difrent things? All the same ? Where did I learn them ? What do they do for you ?

Several related mantras, all associated with a particular Buddhist/Japanese goddess. The morning set are meant to protect from harm, and there's another that's meant to be recited just before going into battle for the same purpose. There's a third that's just meant to focus the mind on her qualities (bright, protective), that I am more likely to use during the day. I learned them in the context of martial arts and use them to clear other thoughts from my mind.

Energy meditation?
I have a galaxy in the palm I do for energy regulation and form my self and use that one to redirect un balances . Anything similar ?

Sort of. It's another thing I learned in the context of martial arts: Sit or lie still, with your hands over your belly. Feel your energy accumulate in your hands, in a ball over your belly. Then expand that feeling to the energy in your whole body. Then expand it to the energy of the whole world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #306234 by
I have a few.

First, anchoring myself in the Now. I suffer from depression, and I'm pretty much always overthinking things. So I've been training to pull myself to Now, as it is in its entirety and just living it. Its a great way to realise how good you have it, how the past doesn't affect you, and how you hold the pen to your future. I like doing this at any moment in my life, pulling my thoughts out of past and future and being Now, breathing it, and living it.

Secondly, stillness. Just holding myself completely still for as long as I can. I ignore any itches I may feel, or any sounds I start hearing. I just let myself be. This is an extension of anchoring myself to the Now, but almost to a higher level of training, like jogging compared to running. I listen to my thoughts so to become mindful of them, to learn which ones are mine and which ones are born of my ego. In that manner, I learn to hear my thoughts but not let them control me.

Finally I do physical training. Its great to have a sound mind, but if you've been granted with a functional body, you might as well master it too, right? ;P I do regular resistance training, tension training, and finally martial arts training. I find it creates some control in my life, something that I don't have to worry about the stars aligning or the government or money. Anyone can do it, you just have to find the motivation and willpower to discipline yourself into it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi