FA's Current Status

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332232 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status

Br. John wrote: and not allow a renegade person to take it over.

Remember renegade is in the eye of the beholder. To some you are that renegade. :P

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332233 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic FA's Current Status
Just out of curiosity, I have seen this in a different light via an organization before, an assurance of intent such as a validated 501c3 form or basic charter used to set aside funds to ensure the maintenance of the domain so that it does not need to be bought again in the future, essentially repeating the same effort then the transfer is no big deal and monetary compensation for the URL can be held at a minimum?

I just wanted to see if that's the intent here because that does make sense on a business level particularly in defense of a particular domain that could be used to make a profit.

To be honest I don't know enough to say much as far as liking to see this resolved in a mutual fashion for everyone as we are all the same community even if we have slightly different takes.

But, if similar were to happen to TOTJO, I would defend the URL similarly, even though I do not have the ability to run the actual site itself, until someone with a designated ability/fund to run it, and maintain ownership of the URL without me having to repurchase again in the future.

Again this is just kinda what I want to see if this is where it is going at.

Much Love, Respect, and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
5 years 3 months ago #332234 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic FA's Current Status
Right. It does not need it. After all it is just the fancy letters which point to space on a server, not the server.

Shrug

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332235 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic FA's Current Status
The FA order is still Alive and kicking
Trust me and trust the force

if you have questions about FA,

by all means, talk to
Alethea Thompson

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/community/1205-alethea-thompson

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by FTPC.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332236 by Alethea Thompson
Here's what I will say regarding Satelle- I trust her. I've never had reason to trust Andy (the .com holder), or Colin (the .co.uk holder). Satelle, on the other hand, has proven her grit over and over again. She's also quite accomplished in the cyber world- which affords her the understanding of a need to maintain things rather than slip away from us at random.

Of all the people who have ever held the domain name, she's the first that actually has proven there's a vested interest in maintaining the FA so that we can move forward. And she's even invested time in really putting together a working program to train Dark Jedi in the Dark Aspect (a system she's been working on and evolving since she founded and ran Fatum Operandi).

There are VERY few names, outside of myself, I could entrust with the FA's domain. Satelle is one of them.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Avalon, Kobos, Satelle

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332238 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status
Long-time member of FA, and person who facilitated the beginning of the FA move.

I also would put my full confidence behind Satelle.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332239 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic FA's Current Status
I don't think Br. John is looking for a round of good vibes and inspirational recommendations so much as some paperwork and registered entities.....

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332240 by Alethea Thompson
We're not incorporated though, nor are we likely to make the attempt for such. So the paperwork may not be an option, at least not in the respects of how I'm understanding such.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand Br. John's position. And I have a very good idea of what other factors are playing into his logic. I'm sure that he could find a way to draw up a contract that would make everything work out though, if the contract is indeed the best method of assurance that the domain won't fall apart like our other two did.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 3 months ago #332247 by ren
Replied by ren on topic FA's Current Status

Alethea Thompson wrote: Ren, you're letting your assumptions show again.

In fact, what it was, is that Satelle was given information that John held the .com too by someone else (not me) who was mixed up on who had what.

You seem to have this knack for thinking the worst of people.

I am not thinking, i am witnessing people throwing accusations, i am witnessing unreasonable demands, i am witnessing ill-informed people. Wild accusations, unreasonable demands and ignorance are not fostored here, and go sgainst our stated beliefs.

I'm not the one going around making wild claims. At the end of the day, he who owns a domain can run a site on it. ICANN decides who the legitimate claimant of an ICANN domain is is. If a domain belongs to someone else, buy your own to run your own site on.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332248 by Alethea Thompson
Ren, seriously- this isn't your fight. I don't know why you're trying to pitch your own fit. Honestly, I don't know why most of you felt the need to jump into the discussion. You all could have easily just watched and seen what happens. There are wild accusations from ToTJO members too, it's not just a misunderstanding from the administrator of FA.

There's no need to pressure Br. John in either direction, and you guys don't even have the first idea as to what the circumstances were surrounding his purchasing the domain. So why not let him and Satelle continue their dispute (hopefully at this point it can go to private message, since there are so few sensible people in this thread already), and leave the peanut gallery out.

Geez, and you guys wonder why there is so much chaos amongst the ToTJO membership... It's because there are key members that don't have a modicum of discipline and cause a MASSIVE deterrence from espirit de corps.

At least this non-sense doesn't happen in the ToTJO Discord groups, save ever-so-sparingly and then is quashed quickly.

/leaves room permanently

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Avalon, Zenchi, Kobos, Vaziel_Sorel