FA's Current Status

More
5 years 2 months ago #332210 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic FA's Current Status
I understand. I would hope that you guys can sort this. I am available for mediation or I can find a trusted third party. I do hope such a thing can be sorted as you both are intellegent, committed individuals on respective paths.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 2 months ago #332213 by ren
Replied by ren on topic FA's Current Status
Buying expired domains is fair game. FA lost their .com domain to squatters many years ago, and that has nothing to do with totjo or br.john.

Totjo owns a few domains and john owns a few domains as well. What john legally purchases with his money is his right and his own damn business, as totjo's purchases are totjo's business.

This is not the laundromat you're looking for.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332214 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status
No one is disputing his right to buy or own a domain. What is being questioned is his reluctance to give the domain up to a legitimate source given a fair offer. Its cool if he doesnt, however given his association with the community and his knowledge of the domains history and associations his reluctance to relinquish it can be seen as selfish jealousy and another attempt to control a community he has no authority to control. I'm not judging. Given his position and the potential for future profit if jediism grows to a stature equivalent to christianity, I would do the same thing myself. It comes down to motivations and I see nothing wrong with that, but at the same time let's not pretend there are altruistic ends to this posturing. Just call a spade a spade and be done with it.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
More
5 years 2 months ago #332215 by ren

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: No one is disputing his right to buy or own a domain. What is being questioned is his reluctance to give the domain up to a legitimate source given a fair offer. Its cool if he doesnt, however given his association with the community and his knowledge of the domains history and associations his reluctance to relinquish it can be seen as selfish jealousy and another attempt to control a community he has no authority to control. I'm not judging. Given his position and the potential for future profit if jediism grows to a stature equivalent to christianity, I would do the same thing myself. It comes down to motivations and I see nothing wrong with that, but at the same time let's not pretend there are altruistic ends to this posturing. Just call a spade a spade and be done with it.

The offer is for the .com AND .org domain. He doesn't own the .com so cannot possibly sell it with the .org. The FA rep apparently refuses to use the .org unless it comes with the .com, despite happily using the .us on its own right now.

The very silly claims, accusations and demands in this thread have also been interrupted by people who have ZERO understanding of the technology they are using or the subject being discussed.

Just another case of the FA coming here to stir up trouble for yet another good laugh.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332216 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status
You know me ren, I love a good controversial laugh!!! Anything to help!
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
More
5 years 2 months ago #332217 by ren
Me too, as long as the place doesn't become temple of the wild accusations on a full time basis.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 2 months ago #332228 by Alethea Thompson
Ren, you're letting your assumptions show again.

In fact, what it was, is that Satelle was given information that John held the .com too by someone else (not me) who was mixed up on who had what.

You seem to have this knack for thinking the worst of people.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Kobos

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332229 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic FA's Current Status
The issue is I have no proof or legal documentation that giving the domain to Satelle is actually giving it to Force Academy and that issues with the domain won't happen again, again, and again. Let's see. Y'all are now on at least your third domain because of untrustworthy or careless people who let domains expire or are able to take them over. Why should I trust you Satele?

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Br. John.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 2 months ago #332230 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic FA's Current Status
That is an interesting question.

I think it is quite difficult to prove trustworthiness over the interwebs. I also think the question is rather audacious.

There is a choice, accept the offer or don't. In the end what good will an answer that won't satisfy do?

Force Academy is doing fine on its own domain.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Satelle

More
5 years 2 months ago #332231 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic FA's Current Status

Rosalyn J wrote: That is an interesting question.

I think it is quite difficult to prove trustworthiness over the interwebs. I also think the question is rather audacious.

There is a choice, accept the offer or don't. In the end what good will an answer that won't satisfy do?

Force Academy is doing fine on its own domain.

Then it does not need this one. Proving things over the Internet is easy. Show me articles of association or incorporation. Show me a trust that would hold ownership of the name and not allow a renegade person to take it over. I know and trust Alethea. I would transfer it to her with a written contract that it would only be used for the legitimate Force Academy. For that matter I've offered that same contract in the form of a lease that would only allow the domain to direct to Force Academy. In the event of a dispute, there needs to be a group named that can legally declare who is the legitimate Force Academy.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos