FA's Current Status

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332186 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status
Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332187 by Satelle
Replied by Satelle on topic FA's Current Status

JamesSand wrote: Thanks for the update, (and the bitter condiment it was served with. Mmm, Tangy!)

Speaking of tangy, have you tried goshujang sauce? It is amazing! That with some honey it is fantastic with everything.

Satelle
(she/her)

IP Journal: 2024 IP Journal
Degree Journal: Satelle's Degree Journal
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Satelle. Reason: Changed to "it is" because grammar.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332190 by

Twigga wrote: Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!

It was, at the time, a small service. To ensure it doesn't get snapped up by... well, problematic individuals that could hold it ransom. I do remember when it went down initially Br. John (if memory serves) had said he had purchased it for that very reason.

Br. John has offered it back free of charge, but I do completely understand and agree with wanting to buy it back.

And if it helps keep this server running, double bonus! :D

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332192 by
In what way has Br John offered the server back to Satelle Free of charge Arisaig?

More
5 years 2 months ago #332193 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic FA's Current Status

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, , Vaziel_Sorel, Satelle

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332194 by

Twigga wrote: In what way has Br John offered the server back to Satelle Free of charge Arisaig?

Br. John wrote: We own ForceAcademy.org. I saw it was available and purchased it right away before it could get taken. I'm happy to point it at whatever domain y'all are using now at no cost.

:) Like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332195 by
That's not offering to give someone ownership of a server.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332196 by

Twigga wrote: That's not offering to give someone ownership of a server.

Perhaps not directly. But the spirit is right. The intention was, at face value, noble.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 2 months ago #332197 by
In your opinion. I believe if the purchase of the server was truly altruistic, then it should be no difficulty at all for the two parties to come to a noble conclusion - for example, returning to server to Satelle, minus say the maintenance costs of the server for however long it's been in "limbo".

Or a generous offer would be to scratch those costs completely and just hand back the server.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #332198 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic FA's Current Status

Good to know that TotJO doesn't need donations if there is enough money about to buy servers of other orders when they just happen to become available. Great news!

I daresay you're making a few leaps to come to that conclusion. You don't know the circumstances (or costs) involved at the time, so to suddenly paint TotJO as some Mr Creosote sitting on a pile of wealth and consuming all competitors is probably unreasonable at this point.

(I'm not necessarily saying you are wrong - I don't know the circumstances either, but I don't think you have enough data to be right either)

Or a generous offer would be to scratch those costs completely and just hand back the server.

Lots of things would be generous, it doesn't necessarily mean they should happen.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi,