FA's Current Status

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 3 months ago #313121 by ren
Replied by ren on topic FA's Current Status
I don't mean to be rude but getting detected as a phishing site is pretty bad. I also fail to see how it has anything to do with dynamic dns since geodns is the norm these days(and you guessed right, it's dynamic). Totjo has a dynamic dns setup (although weve only got the one server operating on one public interface), and i note colin has deployed ssl, which is rather detached from the "improved" phishing site...

This new site runs on the cheap, someone's home pc. It uses no ssl and won't. It's on a subdomain.info= neither style nor control.

Sorry if i do not share your enthusiasm for what appears to be nothing more than a useless political exercise.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313123 by
Replied by on topic FA's Current Status

JamesSand wrote:

Personally, as a Historian.....I do not agree with changing it's name. :-/

Wouldn't your job as a historian be to simply observe and record the change, not necessarily have an opinion or influence on it?

0_o oh yes. Because historians are brainless droids with no opinion that only follow your definition of them ;) LoL

We were asked for opinion. I gave mine in the spirit of preserving history. Don't like it? Too bad ;)

More
6 years 3 months ago #313126 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic FA's Current Status

0_o oh yes. Because historians are brainless droids with no opinion that only follow your definition of them ;) LoL

We were asked for opinion. I gave mine in the spirit of preserving history. Don't like it? Too bad ;)

Ah yes, I said that, in those words.
You missed the bit where I said defensive :P

Changing the name changes the future, not the history ;)

You're welcome to your opinion on change, my point was rather than I'm not sure the "as a historian" is a useful qualifier :P

I was being annoying and pedantic, not attacking your validity as a human, or Jedi nerd :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313128 by
Yes. You are always quite annoying.

Regardless of how you feel about the title I used for myself. I <-- which is more important than you --> felt it held credence to the purpose of my concern. Which is all that matters and has been since resolved.

Your attempt at being annoying and pedantic as you say is far more useless then my use of a title. Just sayin :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313129 by
Ren et al.,

This site, as it stands, is meant ONLY for redesigning the Force Academy. It is not intended to be the final destination of the site.

Triss,

Understood. I am sure the final product will be called ForceAcademy.____.

More
6 years 3 months ago #313130 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic FA's Current Status

Your attempt at being annoying and pedantic as you say is far more useless then my use of a title. Just sayin

I Disagree :cheer: :silly: :cheer: :silly: :cheer:

(that's me, ROFLMAOing at my own wit)

I suppose that's an interesting question, and the softcore jedis will probably side with you on this one - What is more useless, internal or external influence?

I'm trying to add more views to your world, you're trying to cleanse and solidify your internal definition of yourself.

I'm not making a judgment either way, I'm just feeling philosophical (or at least sophistical :laugh: ) after my morning banana.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313132 by
I am glad you can take amusement on my behalf. Enjoy your banana.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313133 by

Connor L. wrote:
Triss,

:) Im talking with Ally. Thank you Connor for clarifying!

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 3 months ago #313137 by ren
Replied by ren on topic FA's Current Status

Connor L. wrote: Ren et al.,

This site, as it stands, is meant ONLY for redesigning the Force Academy. It is not intended to be the final destination of the site.

Triss,

Ah I see. If i may chip in i'd advise you guys figure out what's wrong with your phpbb setup and keep everything else static-ish, don't bother with something like joomla, the software packages for it are incredibly poor quality.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
6 years 3 months ago #313141 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic FA's Current Status

ren wrote:

Connor L. wrote: Ren et al.,

Triss,

Ah I see. If i may chip in i'd advise you guys figure out what's wrong with your phpbb setup and keep everything else static-ish, don't bother with something like joomla, the software packages for it are incredibly poor quality.

Agreed!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson