Jedi Bible http://JediBible.org

More
6 years 7 months ago #301586 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Jedi Bible
whats the books title so I can purchase please.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301588 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi Bible
Jedi Compass

https://smile.amazon.com/Jedi-Compass-Community-ebook/dp/B00ZMOHUQG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505415274&sr=8-1&keywords=Jedi+Compass

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #301589 by Kobos
Thank Brother John. Purchased and kindleierized......

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #301592 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi Bible
I thought I'd mention this here before I forget. Just by going to smile.amazon.com and doing your ordinary shopping The Order, or any other charity you choose, gets a small percentage of the sale. It does not cost the purchaser more and does not come out of the seller's profit or commission. It's entirely funded by Amazon. When you go to smile.amazon.com for the first time you'll be asked to select a charity and you can change it at any time.

There's comments starting at http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/jedi-bible-released-followers-star-11164263#comments-section so feel free to like one or post your own.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301593 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Bible

Kobos wrote: Not that I find age all that important to someones ability to teach the force or their personal connection to it, but um a 31 yr old founder (with no explanation of a teacher or form of master raises to me a question of qualification) whom is selling his book through a website and Amazon with that title is not exactly Buddha or Yoda.

What qualifications do any of us have a claim to? Who was the original master of jediism that started all this? A fictional character? What qualifications does the very founder of this temple have to give authority to anything learned or taught here? This place has actually taken things to a different extreme in the often perceived theft of intellectual material in it's training courses given for free vs the legitimacy of actually publishing a self written work and offering it for sale. Given the choice, which would you choose to pursue spiritual enlightenment?

The master I trained under has a PhD in philosophy, hard earned and a fine base to use for any spiritual pursuit in training others as far as im concerned. Anything short of something along those lines seems disingenuous and it's really a tragedy that he is no longer here.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301596 by Kobos
Touche Kyrin,

I did admit to being some what of a judgmental a-hole in my previous posts. Now you actually are very correct technically we are building our belief system off of the assumed right to use a fictional source as a myth for what we feel is a truth inherent in the universe. Now, because this earlier post was an opinion I can appreciate what you mean about his self written book. My problem is with going A. as far as to sell it for personal gain. B. To charge people for lessons with in learning how to be a Jedi and make you're life better..........I believe you said you only look at things a s prime motivations, so I ask this presented in the format of the articles above in the thread do you think his motivation is truly to help people be better at being people, find peace, and be Jedi? IMO (not humble at this juncture, im in a mood).....I believe he comes off very televagilist......this is one of the few type of religious people that pull the worst of me out......that is because it is selling people fake positivist material (this though is up to the consumer I guess) for personal profit and that is very much how I see him portrayed in these articles. One last thing IMO it is kinda douche to say that you are the "Founder of Jediism" and not refute that when called that. Br. John does not call himself the founder of all Jediism but the Founder of this Order which factually he is. Again all these are just my opinions and honestly not objective at all, so I will reflect a bit when I have had some time to clear my mind and think this over again to see if my opinion has changed.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301598 by
@Kobos,

Yes you are right in the regard that he has turned it into a business and he has legitimized it by doing this in the eyes of many. A sad state of affairs that people perceive legitimacy in this way but that is the nature of people. Look at Scientology or even Christianity for that matter. Both nothing more than major business. And even given this fact - one that you and I can easily perceive, people still find spiritual meaning in it. Why is that? Because people do not know how to critically think. They would rather be told what to think than be taught to think for themselves. And that is why Daniel is so successful.

More
6 years 7 months ago #301599 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedi Bible
While you're out shopping, grab a case of your favourite refreshing carbonated beverage, now with new (same) recipe to improve your understanding of the force! (does not improve understanding of the force)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #301600 by
so I got curious and looked it up on amazon and saw the cover...what's that symbol on the bottom ?

Warning: Spoiler!
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #301601 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedi Bible

The master I trained under has a PhD in philosophy, hard earned and a fine base to use for any spiritual pursuit in training others as far as im concerned. Anything short of something along those lines seems disingenuous and it's really a tragedy that he is no longer here.

I don't know, some would argue that universities are not much different to anyone else selling anything, they've just been doing it for so well and for so long that it doesn't occur to you to be suspect.

What divine character gave your master his PhD, and who gave them theirs?

It's turtles all the way down.

(the voices in my head say I should mention that at some point Plato was probably considered a two-bit hack peddling his bullshit self indulgent manuscripts on the side of the road in Athens)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos