BBC: Jediism isn't a religion

• Whyte Horse
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Inactive
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
7 years 2 months ago #276819 by Whyte Horse
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38368526
The [UK CHarity] commission rejected an application to grant charitable status to The Temple of the Jedi Order.

Apparently religion is not religion, war is peace. ignorance is strength.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #276820 by Avalon
This topic has already been discussed to relative exhaustion: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/116803-jediism-not-a-religion-charity-commission-rules?limitstart=0

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Proteus, Breeze el Tierno, Brick

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #276822 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi ism is a hard thing to explain and even harder to teach . Some will never see past the condition that exist, some will most won't and unfortunately , there are more of these in deaisions making spots . If you brass tacks things this order out weighs on many characteristics worthy of having and learning and passing . Hard to evident things like that. As a Jedi I was upset when this first came out . After meditation and thought I can say my desisions haven't changed not has my drive and passion. In this world you will always have handy wet towels to dim sparks, worlds full of em. Yet we live on, yet we teach , yet "along" with this , I have learned and taught and grown. That's one idea of this place. To grow. The idea of any organization religious or not to grow and seek is ok with me, the avalible potential should always be encouraged. Imagine if we just let lived instead of labeled. Instead of naming we simply live... What a concept ! And that's one of the ideas ... With or without paperwork , lol

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #276830 by OB1Shinobi
a path is defined by the difficulties it overcomes

the first time i saw people really talking about how to organize and initiate offline community service in a serious way was right after this rejection

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
7 years 2 months ago #276847 by Carlos.Martinez3
A path ... Can be defined as such , never limited to or absolute , many things can define paths . Never just one ... Idea ...

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #276858 by
Replied by on topic BBC: Jediism isn't a religion

Avalonslight wrote: This topic has already been discussed to relative exhaustion: https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/116803-jediism-not-a-religion-charity-commission-rules?limitstart=0

Apparently its not quite dead yet. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #277517 by

Attachment imnotdeadyet.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 month ago #277539 by
Oh... I'd just learned about this. Sometimes I like to do a Google News Search to see if Jedi have shown up in the news, and... since the new movie title has "Jedi" in it, I've had to focus the laser a bit to "Jediism," and I can't believe I hadn't heard about it until now. :unsure:

It's a bit odd, I suppose, but I can see their justification for it. I guess it's been sort of a... I don't want to say "double-edged sword." Is there another idiom for something that's both good and bad? I can't think at the moment. A healing poison? Some kind of paradox, I'm sure...

Anyway, I guess the way we're set up is both good and bad, really... on the one hand, it's welcoming and helps provide information to many. On the other hand, it's maybe a bit too loose for most communities' comfort on what constitutes a religion. Online school, maybe, but... hm...

And I wish I had some kind of suggestion, but I really don't. Probably because I'm the worst possible person to make any suggestions... I don't like organization in religion to begin with, yet at the same time I do wish there was a way that the Jedi community was more... cohesive, or specific in its opinion on the Force, and how we should act. But eh... it's like the early days of many religions. Many different sects, many different directions. If Christianity is anything to go on, it would require genocide and megalomania to unify the faith, so maybe it's not the best idea after all.

Something from the other thread that struck me as interesting, though... I think they were talking about acts of charity? Which would be really cool if we could do it, but we're so spread out that I guess it's just up to the individual to get involved in local volunteer work.