Force Realist TV

More
7 years 10 months ago #242274 by Alethea Thompson
I'll keep a running log of these episodes in case any one is interested. :) I went with "TV" this time around because it's visual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFEiSX8m62k

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, OB1Shinobi, Leah Starspectre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242317 by
Replied by on topic Force Realist TV
I do agree and I does kind of upset me that Jedi feel they must bite thier tounge in our community. Granted that if somebody says a political view, they may be challenged to back it up. However, to be ostracized for it...that would be wrong in every sense of the word.

I pledge right here and now that I will never turn my back on my Brothers and Sisters regardless of thier views. Those who call themselves Jedi should feel the same. We're all part of the same system. Loss of anybody, hurts us all.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242320 by
Very well said Slebo ;)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242328 by
As a pure bred but very mild Communist , i fully agree with this video and i hope too that i am as open en accepting with people with other believes as you are ! Tolerance :)

More
7 years 10 months ago #242338 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Force Realist TV
Yea, we should probably exert extra energy into feeling connected to people whom we share disagreement with, because we will not have the benefit of the natural association which might manifest through agreeance!! Equal love for everyone
:lol:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Jestor, Leah Starspectre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242360 by
Greetings,

The first thing I learned back when I first became a Freemason, which I have brought with me in any spiritual, philosophical, or religious group I have become a part of is that one's political views, should not be focused upon specific candidates or political parties, but more on the issues themselves, and certainly we have a right to our own views, but that sometimes it is better NOT to bring them up. Not because they do not matter. But because they may matter to us TOO much. We become attached to the expectations that our personal views SHOULD be shared with others, and by that I mean that they should agree with us. When they do not agree with us, that is when the natural reaction is to become angry, and thus, lose our sense of balance. That is when disagreements turn heated. We have the joy of living in a Republic, which champions a democratic method of choice. We choose our Senators and Representatives, who in turn vote according to their own views, which they try to mimic what the majority of their constituents decide it legal.

We must also remember that what is legal isn't necessarily right. There is a difference between legal and moral or ethical.

Thank you for sharing this video, it has given me a lot to meditate upon tonight. And I feel you have touched on something important for all Jedi to take a look at.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #242484 by
Thanks for this video, as it's something I think I really needed to hear. I've always tended to trend on the "left" side of the political spectrum in many ways, and would often get angry when people who purport to be my friends would express a political opinion contrary to mine (usually because I took something personally, as is so dangerous with the nature of identity politics). Nowadays I find myself sliding closer to the middle politically, but it's always good to have a reminder that I took an oath to defend the Jedi path, and that can only be done by treating others with respect. I need to get more accustomed to surrounding myself with self-labeled conservatives. A Jedi's a Jedi.

More
7 years 10 months ago #244335 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Force Realist TV
So this one isn't exactly Force Realist TV, but Justin came across a piece a couple of days ago and decided to weigh in. If you want to read the piece that inspired this KoA rant, you can find it below. :)

http://californiajedi.org/defend-and-protect-safe-spaces-and-privilege/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk6gKRxYNJo

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244341 by
Truth truth truth truth truth truth truth..........

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 10 months ago #244588 by
I've been guilty of this in the past, so it's helpful to have it confronted so bluntly.