Holocron (March 2016)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225841 by
Replied by on topic Holocron (March 2016)

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Are you expected to have a particular level of... ah... Jedi experience before submitting? I don't want to offend my seniors by being too eager :blush:

Absolutely not! We have had younglings write articles for us. We welcome all levels of experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #225879 by
Subscribed today :)

Connor L. wrote:

Squint wrote: I just subscribed, I may submit something as well.

Please do!!! I would love to have a 100 page edition. No limit to the number of submissions!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 2 months ago #226942 by
This is a little weekly bump! If you want to read the OP, that will give you details. But, basically, please submit articles to the Holocron at jediholocron1@gmail.com, and please subscribe at https://tinyletter.com/jediholocron1

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #236423 by
Hi all! The march publication is here!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpzh8bc18kh6yzt/Holocron%20March%202016%20V4.pdf?dl=0

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 3 weeks ago #236518 by
Page 16, Snowy's article in the final copy should read: " As someone who grew up with the Force being everywhere, I may have been at a disadvantage when it came to "awakening" to it. It was always talked about: in every playtime, on every t-shirt, scrawled on every Pizza Hut collector's glass, and was something I barely understood, let alone even took time to think about in any sincere way. People couldn't be Jedi. And it didn't help that my parents were the most decidedly fundamental religionists in the world. It doesn't matter what their religion was because I was not allowed to think about anything even remotely different.

So now, at age 39, after having lived and explored religion as far as I thought I ever would and deciding they were all wrong, it seems unlikely that I'd do something silly like "awaken", and even less likely that it would be to "the Force". At the end of 2015 I said to myself that 17+ years was long enough to be depressed, and I was going to stop now. I slowly, across weeks, surrendered my antidepressants and antianxiety medications from my system. As I began to crawl back into the light of day I realized that what I really needed was a major change of perspective. I needed something I could call a religion. I'd been rejecting it for almost 20 years. But I needed something open-minded, full of a lust for life. That came in the form of Jediism. When I first saw what Jediism really was, it was as if someone had taken the best part of every other religion, welded them together, polished them until they shined and released it into the atmosphere. The other Jedi I've met are all fantastic, and the ones that I disagree with are sometimes even more brilliant.

Being on the other side of depression is a constant, daily effort. I have to constantly be aware of my thought process and listen to myself to make sure I'm not falling back into my old, negative patterns. But the Jedi I've been around have made it so much easier. And that's one thing I'll fight to hold on to. That feeling of community and working together on something good."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 1 day ago #238986 by
Subscribed! I would love to contribute to next quarter's!